Home

MLB The Show 22: Year to Year Saves Remain Out, Stadiums Will Not Transfer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22: Year to Year Saves Remain Out, Stadiums Will Not Transfer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2022, 05:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise Players, with Y2Y saves confirmed to not be back, what is your plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
because there is 6 months of roster work there GONE just like that.. you can't continue using it the following year. instead you gotta spend MONTHS upon MONTHS of creating players again. that is why Y2Y saves was good. your starting scratch every single year this is PS3 days we have gone backwards here.
I definitely get the roster work, that's never a fun process. But why not just stick with the version you have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 05:50 PM   #26
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Players, with Y2Y saves confirmed to not be back, what is your plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Do they want it to return? Yes

Will it return? In an ideal world yes, but it’s a difficult feature to maintain while also attempting to add things and features the fans want within franchise mode.

So I don’t know even if they can definitively say whether it will return or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That logic holds up until the point you realize that they have not and will not make meaningful updates to franchise, no matter the circumstances.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I'll continue to stick with 20 until franchise gets an update worth consideration.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-31-2022, 05:55 PM   #27
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
I definitely get the roster work, that's never a fun process. But why not just stick with the version you have?
There are a lot of us that have stuck with '20 for that very reason. Whenever I want my baseball fix, I go play '20. It still has my carryover save from '14 for RttS. Appears it will be the last The Show game I'll purchase.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:59 PM   #28
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
well for a start Cleveland Guardians?? gameplay changes. and lots of other things. for me it is mainly about rosters sure. but last year I was pissed that I started a new franchise and march came and they said 'sorry no Y2Y saves this year' so I stuck with 20 last year till September for that reason because I had invested time into a franchise. and time is critical in my life with young kids

This year I just stopped 2 weeks ago and glad I did. so I will get 22 day one. as I am not investing time into 21 anymore knowing this.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:06 PM   #29
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm torn. But if I'm being honest here, I held off a month before buying 21 for this same reason, but I broke down and got it, and I haven't stopped playing it since spring of last year.

So mostly likely I'll get it. Especially if I get the PS5 which is in the works.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 01-31-2022, 06:07 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

While I appreciate Y2Y saves, I've always liked starting fresh with each new game. So no Y2Y saves doesn't bother me.

That said, my plan all along is to stick with MLB 21 for another year. I'm invested in my current franchise and very happy with 21. I don't see a reason to change until I get a PS5, which probably won't be until the fall at the earliest.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:09 PM   #31
Banned

I totally empathize with the rosters makers but not being a roster maker, it doesn't really effect me. Hopefully it won't discourage Ridin and folk by having to redo rosters every year. They def should be charging for their product with this update.

And im not even looking for big changes in franchise. Im a realist. While a total reboot would be awesome like nba 2k, im not confident it wouldn't take 6 years to get that new system right lol just fix the simple things that wrong with the franchise now and I personally am cool for like 3 or 4 years.

(2k had a bug they JUST fixed where g league players ratings would go all the way up after the first year and to fix this you'd have to edit like 100's of players at the end of every year)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 06:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
That logic holds up until the point you realize that they have not and will not make meaningful updates to franchise, no matter the circumstances.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I'll continue to stick with 20 until franchise gets an update worth consideration.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
So I ask, if they just fixed bullpen logic/ roster logic, is that a significant enough change?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »