Home

Will MLB The Show 22 look like a PS5 game?

This is a discussion on Will MLB The Show 22 look like a PS5 game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Will MLB The Show 22 look like a PS5 game?

As I think most here would agree MLB The Show 21 pretty much looks like a PS4 game and in no way takes advantage of the PS5's amazing power.

Do you guys think that will change with MLB The Show 22?

Personally I think it wont be until MLB The Show 23 or even 24 before MLB The Show actually starts looking like a PS5 game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Will MLB The Show 22 look like a PS5 game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
As I think most here would agree MLB The Show 21 pretty much looks like a PS4 game and in no way takes advantage of the PS5's amazing power.

Do you guys think that will change with MLB The Show 22?

Personally I think it wont be until MLB The Show 23 or even 24 before MLB The Show actually starts looking like a PS5 game
Keep in mind when you say this... I have like 12 ps5 games and I wouldn't say ANY of them take full advantage of the ps5. COD is the only one that runs in 120hz/4k but the graphics still aren't THAT good. Maybe it just takes all games some time to optimize.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I figure the majority of the work on 21 went into the stadium creator. so maybe 22 could see that true leap into next gen. when the ps3 rolled over to the ps4, beginning w/Sho 14, I think it was Show 17, before they got player faces to be where I had hoped they'd wind up. it was the eyes, before 17, the eyes really distracted me when looking at player faces. pre-17, the faces just seemed lifeless.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-26-2022, 07:07 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I figure the majority of the work on 21 went into the stadium creator. so maybe 22 could see that true leap into next gen. when the ps3 rolled over to the ps4, beginning w/Sho 14, I think it was Show 17, before they got player faces to be where I had hoped they'd wind up. it was the eyes, before 17, the eyes really distracted me when looking at player faces. pre-17, the faces just seemed lifeless.
When ps3 rolled over to ps4 those were the only 2 platforms they had to develop the game for. Graphics were greatly improved but as you point out it took quite some time before they took full advantage of the ps4.

Now they are developing the game for 4 platforms. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they make major upgrades. Perhaps night games for created stadiums. I actually think the gameplay for the ps5 is good but since this is the only ps5 game I own I don't have anything to compare it with.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:06 PM   #5
MVP

Cloth physics, another couple dozen catcher animations, real-time dynamic lighting (the kind that peeks in and out from behind the clouds) and an audio overhaul would go a long way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2022, 02:08 AM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Last year was the determiner as to whether they were going to rebuild. They didn't, so I'm guessing not incredibly so. I'm not saying they don't have room to improve on their current engine, but I don't have high hopes for this generation when it comes to a graphical leap personally. I want so much to be proven wrong. I still need a reason to get a PS5.

And the stadium creator was built by like one guy, haha. I think the bigger time spent was porting this game over to Xbox, and nabbing that parity that they always like to go for.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-27-2022, 02:19 AM   #7
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Cloth physics, another couple dozen catcher animations, real-time dynamic lighting (the kind that peeks in and out from behind the clouds) and an audio overhaul would go a long way.
This 100%. Especially lighting. The game would look so much better with dynamic shadows and real-time lighting progression rather than half-inning or inning jumps.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:24 AM   #8
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Considering they didn't even mention graphics in last year's Next-Gen feature premiere, Id like to imagine that they intentionally didn't add any significant graphics upgrades in 21 in order to spend 2 full cycles giving 22 the graphics overhaul on PS5 that we've been waiting so long for.

But I've gotten my hopes up in the past and been let down so I'm sort of expecting disappointment. I'm at the point where if they still haven't changed the look of the player models or uniforms in 22 then I assume it's never going to change. And that would bum me out.

Last edited by breakfastcat; 01-27-2022 at 11:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »