Home

No new next gen version of mlb the show

This is a discussion on No new next gen version of mlb the show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 07:43 PM   #9
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No new next gen version of mlb the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
what kind of new on-field freshness are you looking for, like new animations? otherwise I tend to believe whatever gameplay the next-gen consoles provides will be as good a gameplay as any sport video game has to offer. short of Sony reinventing the wheel, I don't know what the Studio can really do. I sure wouldn't do anything so drastic as something like move the bases closer together or landmines in the outfield
Please tell me landmines in the outfield is a george carlin reference......

Sent from my thoughts
Old 02-03-2022, 08:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
what kind of new on-field freshness are you looking for, like new animations? otherwise I tend to believe whatever gameplay the next-gen consoles provides will be as good a gameplay as any sport video game has to offer. short of Sony reinventing the wheel, I don't know what the Studio can really do. I sure wouldn't do anything so drastic as something like move the bases closer together or landmines in the outfield

I'd like to see them use the extra processing power to improve AI logic both on the field an in terms of trades and drafting in franchise. More in depth stat tracking in franchise (batter vs pitcher, for example) and RTTS. There's a lot they could do with the extra power, but they're being help back by last gen.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:57 AM   #11
Rookie

Will they add any x-factors in the show? Like catchers with a cannon throw out baserunners will have it's x-factors turn on with 2 successful thrown out baserunners. Home Run hitters will active their x-factor by hitting 2 run shots. Would be a very interesting add if they would add x-factors.

Last edited by mthsgrg32; 02-04-2022 at 02:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2022, 02:09 AM   #12
Rookie

And for outfielders if they make spectacular catches they will gain a point for speed and gain 2 points for catching for the rest of that inning. Strong arm outfielders will get a point for arm strength and a point for agility and another point for vision for rest of that inning.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:15 AM   #13
Rookie

Speedy outfielders that rob home runs will gain 3 points in speed and 2 points in catching and 1 point in jumping.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:25 AM   #14
Rookie

Golden Glovers will automatically have it's gold glove x-factor lit up at the start of the game. The first error will deactivate the gold glove factor. That x-factor can't be reactived for the rest of the game. If that gold glover player redeem himself rest of the game with no more errors next game it will be reactivated.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:28 AM   #15
Rookie

The rosters makers will have a new fresh system to manually add x-factors to players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2022, 08:29 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
Since cross play is allowed between all versions of the show this year, I see the ps5/series x version of the show the same as last year, very disappointed by this. No true next gen baseball game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
And there wont be until PS5 is readily available.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »