Home

MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on the Schedule

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on the Schedule within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2022, 06:41 PM   #89
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Perhaps with the CBA up in the air they are hesitant to make any changes to franchise and therefore don’t see the need to mention it and disappoint fans of the mode even more.

At this point though I wish they would lay out a roadmap they have in mind for franchise even if it will take several years to implement.

Just give me some hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't think this is the main reason why Franchise has kind of got the short end of the stick, but it certainly could have something to do with it either of the past 2 cycles. Why rewrite a ton of logic only for the rules to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would love to have Bob Costas as play by play
Costas gets on my nerves for some reason haha. I'd prefer if they kept Matty V or maybe got Scott Braun or one of the other "B-Team" MLBN guys. I think he's called the YouTube games before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I would love Smoltz to be added.

Smoltz and Matty V, yep I like that!

I could get behind a Matty V/Smoltz booth in the game. Smoltz is kind of a know-it-all in real life, but I think he'd be good with more of a script.

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 02-15-2022, 06:47 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on th

Old 02-15-2022, 06:49 PM   #91
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Im fine with Franchise changing over to MTO but give us everything that we can do in franchise in MTO… Then we’ll talk.

We need injuries, minor leagues, etc.

And the option to play every game.

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2022, 06:50 PM   #92
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

88 replies and I have not read any of them..

but I can guess what they are all about here LOL.

I really think Franchise mode it gonna be taken out very soon and we are stuck with the MTO which is essentially what EA did with that CFM garbage where they made it single player control 1 team only mode with no customization,. if that happens that is when I will turn my back on the show for good like I did with madden back in madden 13 that killed that game franchise off. and yes I know they slowly over the decade brought 32 team control back (which is a joke on how to do 32 teams takes you 1 hour to setup the damm thing) and slowly brought customizing in.

We all know where the show is heading and its not good.

As for commentary they have done this before with the whole 'storylines' thing remember that?? then we heard the same stories about 404095 times and it god old... so yes

Last edited by ninertravel; 02-15-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:00 PM   #93
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
The only positive is that they are getting absolutely roasted in the comments about no franchise. Doubt it changes their mind, but it makes it crystal clear that it has a massive fanbase and it's entirely their decision to neglect it and they are aware how unpopular that decision is
it is not going to make a difference we are the old bread we don't make them the $$$$ I want you to look at a final fantasy franchise.. the young people find turn based boring and prefer action RPG where you mash square.. every final fantasy release for the past decade they face backlash over no turn based but they ignore it and continue forward with the current gen where the $$$ comes from.

Trust me us whinging and complaining it does nothing to help change their mind we do it just to rant and get it off our chests because only we listen to each other on here and agree. (well most do)
Old 02-15-2022, 07:06 PM   #94
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
it is not going to make a difference we are the old bread we don't make them the $$$$ I want you to look at a final fantasy franchise.. the young people find turn based boring and prefer action RPG where you mash square.. every final fantasy release for the past decade they face backlash over no turn based but they ignore it and continue forward with the current gen where the $$$ comes from.

Trust me us whinging and complaining it does nothing to help change their mind we do it just to rant and get it off our chests because only we listen to each other on here and agree. (well most do)
True, but in reality is it terrible for them for all the interaction on their social media posts to be slamming them for neglecting franchise. Sure, they will probably still ignore it, but it hurts them. These are supposed to be hype announcements, aimed at getting positive engagement, instead they get nothing but negative.

As for FF, they killed their own games by chasing what they thought people wanted. The games sold and reviewed far better when they were turn based, but much like SDS with Mto, they decided people didn't have the patience for it despite all evidence to the contrary.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:07 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Welp, we've known the series has been trending this direction for years. Hopefully franchise got touched some and we'll hear about it in the MtO stream.

This game already has the worst franchise mode out of all the major sports titles, which is sad since Madden still exists, and we were told last year's focus was on the foundation and that's why there were so little changes.

In reality, it's looking like they just don't care about franchise mode all that much, which we already figured. I'm glad the game will be on GamePass again so I can play it when I get the itch, but even being free last year I didn't even get through 1 season which is something I've not struggled to do for years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's just crazy to me that a simulation baseball game won't focus on their most sim feature. Progression, prospects, stadium building/relocating, etc... all of that is moot to them. I know money talks but to completely leave one group out is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2022, 07:12 PM   #96
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld

Priceless! Hahaha!!!

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »