Home

This one addition will be the deciding factor in whether or not I purchase the show

This is a discussion on This one addition will be the deciding factor in whether or not I purchase the show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2022, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This one addition will be the deciding factor in whether or not I purchase the show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGQgZGq_m8

Midway through this upload emmdot mentions what he believed was a bug , which more or less appears to be a hitch in Tim Andersons swing . However , he did also characterize it as a new contextualized animation for when Anderson swings at pitches on the outer half of the plate , and this brings me to the topic of the thread .

Going back through the video having watched it a few times , the new animation is only shown once , at the 2:47 mark , and you can see why he believed it to be a bug as it looks pretty wonky . If indeed it is something that makes it into the full game though , this would represent an important step forward for this series , as I am sick and tired of every hitter in the game being limited to the same 5-6 swings . There absolutely has to be more animations added to the hitting mechanics in the show , and I will not be buying the game anymore until that happens .

Not only does every batter share the same 5-6 swings , there are hardly any instances in which you get any sort of variety to those swings , as IIRC the swing animations do not change whether the hitter makes soft or solid contact , pulls a ball or slaps one oppo , extends to swing at a pitch outside or brings their hands in to get to a ball inside , etc. … not only do new swing animations need to be added , they really ought to be contextualized to account for every unique scenario present throughout the course of a game .

Here’s hoping we get that for 22 although it looks like we won’t be seeing that until at least TS23 …
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: This one addition will be the deciding factor in whether or not I purchase the sh

A bug? I don’t get it. Animation looked pretty spot on to me. Looks like the swing was a little late on a high pitch and it was hit to right field.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: This one addition will be the deciding factor in whether or not I purchase the sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
A bug? I don’t get it. Animation looked pretty spot on to me. Looks like the swing was a little late on a high pitch and it was hit to right field.
If you play it at 0.25 speed you’ll see what I mean
Old 03-15-2022, 08:19 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
If you play it at 0.25 speed you’ll see what I mean
Mean no offense, but if I’ve got to slow it down to quarter speed to see it I’m just going to wait until the final version of the game is released.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #5
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

For the second time in two days I say again, why are people creating entire threads informing others about whether they will buy this video game or not?

Now I feel better that I'm not just singling out whoever posted the one yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
For the second time in two days I say again, why are people creating entire threads informing others about whether they will buy this video game or not?

Now I feel better that I'm not just singling out whoever posted the one yesterday.
People be losing me with these. lol. ITs so wild to take to the internet and let strangers , who don't care, that you won't be buying a game.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Remember 8-bit baseball

Where players didn't have real names... When studios couldn't use MLB teams.. When the game abruptly ended once you clinched the pennant.

Crazy, we'll be gaming in 8K in the near future..
Old 03-16-2022, 07:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger

heads up, my thread for sharing my decision on whether I'll buy the PlayStation, Nintendo or XBox version, and which edition I'll get (regular, digital or mvp edition) is almost ready to launch lmao

also, I'd have felt better about this particular thread if the title had been This One Weird Trick Will Add Inches to your joystick controller

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »