Home

Official 2022 Uniform Errors and Omissions

This is a discussion on Official 2022 Uniform Errors and Omissions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Official 2022 Uniform Errors and Omissions

Year 9 of this thread folks. Reminder, this isn’t a wishlist. It’s inaccurate uniforms or omissions of 2022 threads. No hey developers stuff either. I’m getting this on 4-5 (ps5) and I know people will get it before me. As usual, I have a ton going on in my personal life with work, family business, and I coach myself (15 hour days are still killing me) so all help is appreciated. There’s not too much again this year. Attach pics if you’d like, but you gotta be descriptive and I’ll update the master list. Thanks!

This makes me sick, but ads are coming later this year and permanently moving forward. I will NOT post any error of an ad. I don’t care if AT&T replaced Pepsi on your teams uniform or if they are using that generic cola ad instead of Sprite. I will also be highly offended if SCEA updates ads while doing something like leaving out the rangers red hat for the past few years.

League wide errors and omissions are the entire spring training hats-jerseys. Hats are last years and jerseys are 2 designs ago. **Please see page 21 for a detailed explanation of team colors**

NLE
Braves: ERROR- Helmet numbers in wrong location. TC 3 should be yellow. MISSING- stripe sock option.
Marlins:
Mets: ERROR- black jersey listed as road. 2012 should be cream
Nationals:
Phillies: ERROR- red jersey is an older version identified by lack of swoosh. 16 alternate red should have TC 1 as red and 2 as blue.

NLC
Brewers: ERROR- Some presets from the previous Navy/gold uniforms default to royal blue accessories instead of navy and navy one defaults to teal. 1970s uniforms use current number font. MISSING- City connect gray pants for road usage.
Cardinals: ERROR- Using the wrong (old logo of bird on bat instead of two birds on whole word/bat) on BP gear. (League wide error with ST/BP as noted at the top of thread). Red brim Sunday home cap has red under bill. MISSING- navy belts that are worn with blue hat when using on the road.
Cubs:
Pirates:
Reds: ERROR- Helmet numbers in wrong location. Incorrect helmets for field of dreams uniform. MISSING- red jersey with Mr. Reds Head on left chest.

NLW
Diamondbacks: ERROR- Home unis should use red socks and undershirts. Home cap should be the hidden alternate (will edit if this seems to be an actual alternate). MISSING- Road uniforms should have the option to use red socks and accessories.
Dodgers: ERROR- Do not wear ASG sleeve patch.
Giants: ERROR- NoB are too thin.
Padres: ERROR- wrong accessory shade of yellow.
Rockies: ERROR- Helmet numbers in wrong location. City Connect uses white belts not black.

ALE
Blue Jays:
Orioles:
Rays: ERROR- Green 07 jersey needs blue outline around numbers. MISSING- current throwback version of the original Devil Rays uniforms (you can still create the combo manually with the original jersey)
Red Sox: ERROR- Helmet numbers in wrong location. MISSING- Boston strong uniform worn on every marathon day.
Yankees: ERROR- numbers are too low.

ALC
Guardians: ERROR- All classic uniforms have eliminated wahoo or the word Indians. (Listed this anyway)
Royals: ERROR- road uniforms should be one color blue with no outline anywhere. When choosing new alternate Columbia blue, it defaults to alternate hat rather than standard hat.
Tigers:
Twins: ERROR- Metrodome era pinstripe uniforms missing NOB
White Sox: ERROR- 1980s Sunday throwback alternates missing numbers on the front of the pants.

ALW
Angels:
Astros: ERROR- City Connect uniform is missing numbers on the pants. 2000 black road alternate is using white as TC 2.
Athletics: ERROR- only dark green socks are paired with road gray pants. Won’t match the current alternate green when used on the road.
Mariners: ERROR- Helmet numbers in wrong location. Some uniforms mislabeled.
Rangers: MISSING- Red alternate hat. A current version of their 1970s home (the only difference being a swoosh to make it current.) ERROR- Helmet numbers in wrong location.

Last edited by cherman24; 09-15-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2022, 03:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2022 Uniform Errors and Omissions

Not sure if going off of pre-release footage is acceptable, but the NOB font for the Giants is still too thin.

This example from yesterday's Feature Premiere is for the standard road uniform, but, in MLBTS 21, the font was too thin for pretty much all of their uniforms.

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 03-25-2022, 05:04 AM   #3
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Year 9 of this thread folks. Reminder, this isn’t a wishlist. It’s inaccurate uniforms or omissions of 2022 threads. No hey developers stuff either. I’m getting this on 4-5 (ps5) and I know people will get it before me. As usual, I have a ton going on in my personal life with work, family business, and I coach myself (15 hour days are still killing me) so all help is appreciated. There’s not too much again this year. Attach pics if you’d like, but you gotta be descriptive and I’ll update the master list. Thanks!

This makes me sick, but ads are coming later this year and permanently moving forward. I will NOT post any error of an ad. I don’t care if AT&T replaced Pepsi on your teams uniform or if they are using that generic cola ad instead of Sprite. I will also be highly offended if SCEA updates ads while doing something like leaving out the rangers red hat for the past few years.

NLE
Braves:
Marlins:
Mets:
Nationals:
Phillies:

NLC
Brewers:
Cardinals:
Cubs:
Pirates:
Reds:

NLW
Diamondbacks:
Dodgers:
Giants:
Padres:
Rockies:

ALE
Blue Jays:
Orioles:
Rays:
Red Sox:
Yankees:

ALC
Guardians:
Royals:
Tigers:
Twins:
White Sox:

ALW
Angels:
Astros:
Athletics:
Mariners:
Rangers:
If a uniform is wrong then it's wrong. Doesn't matter if you agree with the part or not.
Old 03-25-2022, 07:19 AM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
If a uniform is wrong then it's wrong. Doesn't matter if you agree with the part or not.
I agree with you from an authenticity standpoint and I weighed this decision very heavily, but I have to take a personal stand against this for these reasons
1) greed. The fields are littered with ads from the back of the mound, to the baselines, all over the walls, commercial breaks, and sponsored events such as Florida lottery starting lineups.
2) there are too many errors and missing uniforms that carry over year to year. I’d rather hear from a Cardinals fan about their blue belts or a Rangers fan about their red hats than some Ford logo missing on their helmet.
3) time consuming
4) they are messing with the ad placement due to being left or right handed. How is Sony going to put the Mets skyline patch on this guys left sleeve, but this guys right?
5) I just don’t care about them and would rather focus on uniform design and not commercial design.
6) last years was probably the best uniforms have ever been and the thread was like 20 pages with tons of submissions. If we had like one or two pages and there was not much else going on, I’d probably pick at that.

Don’t want to sound like a tool, but you’re free to copy my original post and run an advertisement thread. It’s already broken down by league and division. You’re welcome to take over this thread as well if you want to go that in depth. I’m just not for the reasons I listed
Old 03-25-2022, 09:01 AM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

If the ever DON’T patch something into the game, I hope ads on uniforms is it. I can’t describe how sickening it will be to see ads on MLB uniforms.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2022, 09:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
If the ever DON’T patch something into the game, I hope ads on uniforms is it. I can’t describe how sickening it will be to see ads on MLB uniforms.
It's not that big of a deal. Give it a few years, and you'll hardly think about it. Like now with the NBA and their jersey ads.
Old 03-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #7
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
I agree with you from an authenticity standpoint and I weighed this decision very heavily, but I have to take a personal stand against this for these reasons
1) greed. The fields are littered with ads from the back of the mound, to the baselines, all over the walls, commercial breaks, and sponsored events such as Florida lottery starting lineups.
2) there are too many errors and missing uniforms that carry over year to year. I’d rather hear from a Cardinals fan about their blue belts or a Rangers fan about their red hats than some Ford logo missing on their helmet.
3) time consuming
4) they are messing with the ad placement due to being left or right handed. How is Sony going to put the Mets skyline patch on this guys left sleeve, but this guys right?
5) I just don’t care about them and would rather focus on uniform design and not commercial design.
6) last years was probably the best uniforms have ever been and the thread was like 20 pages with tons of submissions. If we had like one or two pages and there was not much else going on, I’d probably pick at that.

Don’t want to sound like a tool, but you’re free to copy my original post and run an advertisement thread. It’s already broken down by league and division. You’re welcome to take over this thread as well if you want to go that in depth. I’m just not for the reasons I listed

Yes just add more of the missing uniforms (95 Orioles Away/83 Giants Away/94 Brewers Alternate etc) and forget about ads.

Also will this be the year that 1980 Phillies finally get the correct Maroon instead of the current Red and will they finally add names to the back and will they put the names back of the 1980 Royals that have been missing?
Old 03-25-2022, 02:10 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireWF
It's not that big of a deal. Give it a few years, and you'll hardly think about it. Like now with the NBA and their jersey ads.
I was okay with most of the NBA ones at first, but I think those have gotten worse and worse. I'm very pessimistic about the MLB ads, as they'll be quite a bit larger.

If MLB ads are like a lot of the early NBA ads or the Nike Swoosh in that they're in team colors, I can deal. Honestly, I think there are some uniforms where the Swoosh kinda adds to the uniform imo. But if they're going to have the garish ads that a lot of NBA teams have gone to, I'm going to hate it.

I also hate how many ads are on the NBA floor now. Since the bubble, it's gotten insane. And I already really hate the superimposed ad on the pitcher's mound.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »