Home

MLB The Show '22 Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show '22 Impressions (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #41
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show '22 Impressions (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
For those playing on the PS4 how would you compare 22 to 20 so far? I skipped 21 because I was completely satisfied with 20, so I'm wondering if 22 is worth it this year on the PS4. Thanks everyone...
I'm in the same boat and on the fence as well. The grass in stadiums included with the Tech Test looks like they took a step back or two compared with 20's look.

Is the grass with 22's retail version any better v. the Tech Test?

Last edited by spike83; 04-03-2022 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Misc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 04:21 PM   #42
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Playing on Ps4Pro

This is easily the smoothest version yet. I could probably get away with Balanced, but it's so smooth on Fastest (likely 1080p/60fps as far as I can tell), I'm gonna leave it there.

Couldn't find a PS5 in time for release, and I was seriously fearing I was gonna be stuck with an inferior, choppy version (as I wasn't terribly impressed with 21's performance) but, nope, this is just fine. Smoothest I've ever seen it.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:41 PM   #43
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Playing on Ps4Pro

This is easily the smoothest version yet. I could probably get away with Balanced, but it's so smooth on Fastest (likely 1080p/60fps as far as I can tell), I'm gonna leave it there.

Couldn't find a PS5 in time for release, and I was seriously fearing I was gonna be stuck with an inferior, choppy version (as I wasn't terribly impressed with 21's performance) but, nope, this is just fine. Smoothest I've ever seen it.
Using a ps4 pro with the same settings. I couldn’t get a PS5 either. Still absolutely blown away with the presentation and gameplay
Old 04-03-2022, 09:55 PM   #44
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Using a ps4 pro with the same settings. I couldn’t get a PS5 either. Still absolutely blown away with the presentation and gameplay
This is great to hear. I'll be picking it up once it releases. Another benefit of playing on faster is that it doesn't make PS4 Pro sound like a hair dryer!
Old 04-03-2022, 11:25 PM   #45
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
This is great to hear. I'll be picking it up once it releases. Another benefit of playing on faster is that it doesn't make PS4 Pro sound like a hair dryer!
I’ve been using “Balanced” I’m not sure what the difference is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 11:44 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
I’ve been using “Balanced” I’m not sure what the difference is?

It's supposed to be faster = 1080p targeting 60fps with frequent dips, balanced = 1440p 45ish fps , sharper = 2160p (4k) 30fps, but I believe it dips to the mid 20s, or at least it used to.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:38 AM   #47
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
It's supposed to be faster = 1080p targeting 60fps with frequent dips, balanced = 1440p 45ish fps , sharper = 2160p (4k) 30fps, but I believe it dips to the mid 20s, or at least it used to.
Yea no idea what that means lol but I know it looks better when I put it on balanced
Old 04-04-2022, 12:55 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Yea no idea what that means lol but I know it looks better when I put it on balanced

1080p , 1440p and 2160p (4k) are resolutions. The higher the resolution the more pixels are on the screen. Images on the screen are made by coloring the pixels different colors.

FPS = frames per second. The more the better. Think about drawing stick figures on sheets of paper and flipping through the papers to create the effect of the stick figure moving. The faster you are able to flip though the papers, the more individual sheets of paper you can flip through in a given time frame which results in a smoother image.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »