Home

MLB The Show '22 Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show '22 Impressions (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2022, 08:05 PM   #65
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show '22 Impressions (PS4)

I think the reason we have so many different opinions on the same game is that we have so many different options of how we play the game and what everyone expects from the game. Not to mention different rosters as well. I too thought hitting was flat, I am still in spring training with the A’s and decided to start one with the Cardinals to just have something to judge against. All I am going to say is that it is going to be a long season in Oakland. They should be pretty good in a couple of years. I also gave them a new stadium to play in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 08:26 PM   #66
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianSummer
I think the reason we have so many different opinions on the same game is that we have so many different options of how we play the game and what everyone expects from the game. Not to mention different rosters as well. I too thought hitting was flat, I am still in spring training with the A’s and decided to start one with the Cardinals to just have something to judge against. All I am going to say is that it is going to be a long season in Oakland. They should be pretty good in a couple of years. I also gave them a new stadium to play in.

I think a lot of us have different expectations as well. So what’s important or a deal breaker for one is a positive for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-11-2022, 04:39 PM   #67
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

This game is absolutely awesome! I'm loving everything about it. Best baseball game ever made, imo
Old 04-11-2022, 06:29 PM   #68
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I do not know what thread this really belongs in, (bug, impressions, questions,) but has anyone noticed on the Hybrid cam they still introduce the starting pitcher by showing him warmup and highlighting his numbers, and they do NOT do that when the game goes to the bottom of the 1st. The batter is immediately up when no intro of the away pitcher.

Also, I notice not every batter gets his stat card shown when they are coming up. I am wondering is this a bug, is this them changing the way hybrid presentation is? I really do not know.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:17 PM   #69
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
This game is absolutely awesome! I'm loving everything about it. Best baseball game ever made, imo

I'm still playing 20 with updated rosters. Looks like next year I'll finally concede and get 23 on PS4 with or without any new throwback uniforms.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:58 PM   #70
Pro

I finally got around to online. It’s not fair. Being I’m a “rookie”. Me getting matched up with another rookie on legend is hilarious. I was gonna break The K record if my opponent didn’t quit
Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #71
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
Been feeling this way honestly since The Show 07 on the PS2. Nitpicking aside this series is exactly what I dreamed of having in a video game of baseball as a kid. All I had was a Genesis growing up so I didn’t have access to some of the more sim like games on the PC. I loved World Series Baseball because it felt real, as close as I had ever seen at the time. MVP baseball had great gameplay but felt cartoon to me.

Kids have it sooooo good now lol. The Show is video game baseball perfected. I do hope some time in the future we do get another MLB series from another company for a different take though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2022, 03:41 PM   #72
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Really like they added the L2 to watch replays on fast play now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »