Home

MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2022, 07:20 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

Looking for a RP or a SP that I can convert to a RP that throws gas. Looking for someone that has a real possibility to be available, not like Chapman or something.

Looking someone who throws 99+. Extra props if they have the quirk that allows them to exceed the pitch speed limit and throw 102.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:44 PM   #50
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
Looking for a RP or a SP that I can convert to a RP that throws gas. Looking for someone that has a real possibility to be available, not like Chapman or something.

Looking someone who throws 99+. Extra props if they have the quirk that allows them to exceed the pitch speed limit and throw 102.
Clase comes to mind. It’s an argument on if Cleveland would move him or not. Probably for an overwhelming
package.

I’m not sure if Bard (Col) hits 99 in the game or if he just gets close. But I know he’s got wicked velocity and I’m sure he’s attainable.

Matt Bush with Texas still hits 99 regularly IRL but I’m not sure if the game is still giving him that love or not. He would be attainable too.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:07 PM   #51
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Friar gave you some solid options here. Someone I’ve been looking at for my own franchise with the Rangers is Glasnow as I’ve read the Rays have considered moving him to clear up some cap space. He doesn’t fit your needs though as he’s not immediately ready for you. So much of who Texas can bring back revolves around, are you willing to deal Winn? I think your answer should be no. Winn has great projections. But because of that, he increases what you can get back really quickly. A guy like Castillo, I can’t imagine Texas making that work without Winn. A guy like Mahle who I like a lot more for Texas, you can make that work.

For either Mahle or Means, I think sending a return of Duran, Howard, White and Roby gets a deal done. Cincy/Oakland can send back a low value reliever or PTBNL just to get the deal done on the show. Texas loses some serious pitching depth but it’s worth it for either of those arms. More importantly, it gives you this as a potential 2023 rotation:

Means/Mahle
Gray
Dunning
Leiter
Winn

In 2024 that could easily be:

Leiter
Means/Mahle
Winn
Gray
Dunning

All of that being said, I like to have a non-Ranger fan give my Ranger trade proposals a thumbs up before I say they’re good to go. I do my best to avoid bias but I think it happens to everyone with their favorite team on occasion.
Non-Rangers fan, chiming in late, because I didn't see anyone else give you the thumbs up!

Package looks fine for Means, and pretty dang close (close enough for here!) for Mahle. The Reds are one of the most confusing teams in baseball, because they look like they'll try to "compete", but also like to shed salary. Agree completely that for Castillo, you're moving Winn, *but(!!!)*, what's the chances that you could eat Moose's contract? I mean, it'd kinda be gaming the system to drop Castillo's value down to $25ish mil, but if you still overpaid by 8-10 mil, that'd be a fun little add! Moose+Castillo for a bit less than you're proposed package (headliner prospects still there) would be a solid move for a Rangers team looking to compete.

That being said, very good chance Castillo nets a "Berrios-esque" package at the deadline, which is higher end than what you should be willing to offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 01:19 PM   #52
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Clase comes to mind. It’s an argument on if Cleveland would move him or not. Probably for an overwhelming
package.
Cleveland just gave him a 5 year extension. I'd assume it would take a really good package, at least for this season.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-12-2022, 04:41 PM   #53
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

I've decided I'm going to start a Pirates franchise this year. I usually do one with Texas and another with a rebuilding team. I'm not going to make any moves until closer to the deadline of the first season. I want to see how some players do before I decide who is moving in and who is moving out. My biggest hang-up is Reynolds.

My issue, I'm trying to keep this as realistic as possible. Well, as realistic as the game will allow me to be, considering I'm not going to 30 team control. I want to operate within the confines of a Pirates budget. Their highest budget in recent years was 99M in 2016 so I'll likely try not to stretch beyond 95M. Reynolds has obviously been a hot name this off-season and it makes sense, he's worth a lot. I can't decide if I should move him at the deadline and really put a nail in this rebuild. Or if I should be stubborn, hold on to Reynolds and try to build something around him quicker.

Here are two deals I was thinking about making, please give a thumbs up or knock it straight down if you think it's a terrible deal. Number one is probably a major stretch but I know the two teams have talked and the Mariners previously shut down Pittsburgh when they asked for J-Rod. Number two, I personally feel good about. That break-up seems imminent and I can play him at first while Philadelphia's weak bullpen gets a tad bit stronger in the later innings.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:55 PM   #54
Rookie

Beastboy2335's Arena

Quote:
I've decided I'm going to start a Pirates franchise this year. I usually do one with Texas and another with a rebuilding team. I'm not going to make any moves until closer to the deadline of the first season. I want to see how some players do before I decide who is moving in and who is moving out. My biggest hang-up is Reynolds.

My issue, I'm trying to keep this as realistic as possible. Well, as realistic as the game will allow me to be, considering I'm not going to 30 team control. I want to operate within the confines of a Pirates budget. Their highest budget in recent years was 99M in 2016 so I'll likely try not to stretch beyond 95M. Reynolds has obviously been a hot name this off-season and it makes sense, he's worth a lot. I can't decide if I should move him at the deadline and really put a nail in this rebuild. Or if I should be stubborn, hold on to Reynolds and try to build something around him quicker.

Here are two deals I was thinking about making, please give a thumbs up or knock it straight down if you think it's a terrible deal. Number one is probably a major stretch but I know the two teams have talked and the Mariners previously shut down Pittsburgh when they asked for J-Rod. Number two, I personally feel good about. That break-up seems imminent and I can play him at first while Philadelphia's weak bullpen gets a tad bit stronger in the later innings.

The Mariners trade feels very on-par for the Pirates as far as transitioning from Reynolds to a seamless replacement as well as getting their hands on some upside arms. The Phillies trade feels alright, but IMO could be better with different parts. The Phillies' major league and minor league outfield both feel pretty full and the Pirates are on the opposite side of the spectrum in that regard (also well off at 3B for the next 8 yrs). With that being said a return of OF Johan Rojas, LHP Erik Miller, RHP Hans Crouse brings a value of 18.3 to Bednar's 18.8 and feels more on par for the needs of the system.

Last edited by Beastboy2335; 04-12-2022 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:12 AM   #55
Rookie

rab912's Arena

That Bohm trade might more sense now after he said he hates it in Philly. He said he was being sarcastic, but I doubt that lol. I think he needs a change of scenery, might think about doing that in my Pirates franchise.

Quote:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2022, 07:31 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic

Edward Cabrera
Garret Crochet
Nate Pearson
Dustin May

All are SP with gas who have pitched in relief in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »