Home

MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2022, 11:41 PM   #65
Rookie

smcamp3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

I have decided to start a franchise as the Marlins because my favorite team the Reds infuriate me too much to play as them. I love their pitching staff and have been crushing with Jazz Chisholm but still think they need one more bat. I've struggled with Aguilar and could always move an OF to DH, who is a realistic big bat the Marlins could acquire?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2022, 02:34 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcamp3
I have decided to start a franchise as the Marlins because my favorite team the Reds infuriate me too much to play as them. I love their pitching staff and have been crushing with Jazz Chisholm but still think they need one more bat. I've struggled with Aguilar and could always move an OF to DH, who is a realistic big bat the Marlins could acquire?
It depends heavily on how teams are doing in your save if you're looking to keep it realistic.

For example, I just traded for Hunter Renfroe as the Phillies. I don't anticipate Renfroe being traded IRL this season because the Brewers have just acquired him and they should be serious contenders.

However, in my save, they were bottom of the NL Central approaching the deadline. Renfroe is a pending FA so it made perfect sense for them to move him for some prospects.

Have a look around the league and check the standings. Which teams are off the pace and who do they have? Look particularly for expiring contracts or at least players who are deep into arbitration.

One name that springs to mind is Ramon Laureano of the As. He's not exactly a huge bat but more of an all around OF and he'd likely be fairly expensive. Consider if you're willing to move serious prospect capital for a big name or are just looking to add a little something on the edges.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:07 PM   #67
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok, playing as the Padres I've asked about the Laureano move which I still plan to make. Hassel, Gore and Mazara for Laureano I think. Possibly add Weathers on my side and Puk on the A's. We are at mid May and 20-27..... Oakland is 12-34 I believe.

But I have another much bigger issue. My bullpen is terrible when I simulate and I can't pitch with them either apparently. Idk if it's in my head or what. But my last 15 games I my starter has left with the lead or or a tie and our RP's have given up the lead almost immediately.
I need some guys who can eat up some innings and San Diego is not afraid to make some trades so think I'm going that path rather sooner than later. I've kept Tatis out in my Franchise until June to add realism. Hoping to bring him back put him in the OF, bring in Ramon from Oakland and run him, Grisham and Tatis in the OF. The story would be to save Tatis from the loads of injuries he's already had and I have C.J Abrams up and he's smacking the ball all over the park as my current SS.

But yes I also need relievers. Oakland, Milwaukee, Washington, Cincinnati, Texas and Baltimore are all struggling so far. Again I am going to wait another few weeks but those teams are all under .500 and don't look to be improving. Who should I look at even just renting for a season and what should I realistically be giving up? Would love to move Hosmer or Wil Myers in a deal too!

Thanks and sorry for the Ling winded post but I am loving this year's franchise. I've played 1 game from every series and really feel immersed this year.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:09 PM   #68
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Ok, playing as the Padres I've asked about the Laureano move which I still plan to make. Hassel, Gore and Mazara for Laureano I think. Possibly add Weathers on my side and Puk on the A's. We are at mid May and 20-27..... Oakland is 12-34 I believe.

But I have another much bigger issue. My bullpen is terrible when I simulate and I can't pitch with them either apparently. Idk if it's in my head or what. But my last 15 games I my starter has left with the lead or or a tie and our RP's have given up the lead almost immediately.

I need some guys who can eat up some innings and San Diego is not afraid to make some trades so think I'm going that path rather sooner than later. I've kept Tatis out in my Franchise until June to add realism. Hoping to bring him back put him in the OF, bring in Ramon from Oakland and run him, Grisham and Tatis in the OF. The story would be to save Tatis from the loads of injuries he's already had and I have C.J Abrams up and he's smacking the ball all over the park as my current SS.

But yes I also need relievers. Oakland, Milwaukee, Washington, Cincinnati, Texas and Baltimore are all struggling so far. Again I am going to wait another few weeks but those teams are all under .500 and don't look to be improving. Who should I look at even just renting for a season and what should I realistically be giving up? Would love to move Hosmer or Wil Myers in a deal too!

Thanks and sorry for the Ling winded post but I am loving this year's franchise. I've played 1 game from every series and really feel immersed this year.

If you are going for realism there is no way in hell we trade that for Laureano. I don’t care what the trade simulator sites say hahha. I’m using SD too, who do you have in your pen that is struggling? And are you looking for middle relievers or closer or set up men in particular?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by franch1se; 04-21-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:17 PM   #69
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
If you are going for realism there is no way in hell we trade that for Laureano. I don’t care what the trade simulator sites say hahha. I’m using SD too, who do you have in your pen that is struggling?

These were suggestions made on the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread. 1 of which was a Padre fan or he endorsed the trade with a like of the post. So I think it's not that bad, just a matter of opinions.
Why are you not on board? Strong bat, AMAZING defensive OF. Ramon and Grisham together would be pretty strong as an outfield. Add Tatis and his speed and anything hit to the OF is a sure out I think. Do you think it's giving g up too much? In my Franchise Gore hasn't come up yet and prior to coming up his stock wasn't nearly as high as it was say 4 weeks ago.
But everyone has their own opinion. You didn't give any advice though on RP or other OF options.
Literally everyone of my relievers has given up a lead within the last 20 games or so. I've got Pomeranz for the 8th and Roger's to close but the middle relievers are doing nothing for me.
Old 04-23-2022, 05:20 PM   #70
Rookie

I’m doing an A’s franchise and trying to keep semi realistic(not spending any money lol) what kinda value can I get out of Montas? I’m looking to move anyone making any money.

Old 04-24-2022, 01:43 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
If you are going for realism there is no way in hell we trade that for Laureano. I don’t care what the trade simulator sites say hahha. I’m using SD too, who do you have in your pen that is struggling? And are you looking for middle relievers or closer or set up men in particular?

Usually when a trade is determined to be realistic or not, it comes from it being a realistic trade for the AI. When we play as the HUM GM, if we overpay on our end for a player, that's our decision. The realism aspect is kind of to make sure the AI teams don't get screwed over by trading someone they don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
These were suggestions made on the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread. 1 of which was a Padre fan or he endorsed the trade with a like of the post. So I think it's not that bad, just a matter of opinions.
Why are you not on board? Strong bat, AMAZING defensive OF. Ramon and Grisham together would be pretty strong as an outfield. Add Tatis and his speed and anything hit to the OF is a sure out I think. Do you think it's giving g up too much? In my Franchise Gore hasn't come up yet and prior to coming up his stock wasn't nearly as high as it was say 4 weeks ago.
But everyone has their own opinion. You didn't give any advice though on RP or other OF options.
Literally everyone of my relievers has given up a lead within the last 20 games or so. I've got Pomeranz for the 8th and Roger's to close but the middle relievers are doing nothing for me.
The guy above is right that it is a lot to give up, but that is what it would take for Laureano. But to be honest, for a similar package (with some movement) you could get Bryan Reynolds instead. If you as the HUM player are comfortable giving that much up, then by all means pull the trigger though. It makes total sense for the AI to make that trade as its great value for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2022, 07:01 PM   #72
Rookie

Beastboy2335's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwebb48
I’m doing an A’s franchise and trying to keep semi realistic(not spending any money lol) what kinda value can I get out of Montas? I’m looking to move anyone making any money.

I put together a few packages because I too am running with the A's and maybe the people here can help me determine if they're fair AND I can give you some ideas as well.

Yankees 1st Package
OF Jasson Dominguez
SS Gleyber Torres
P Luis Medina = About 37 on BTV (Montas is 39)

Yankees 2nd Package
SS Oswald Peraza
P Luis Medina
P Ken Waldichuk = About 39 on BTV

Twins (Only if Contending Near Deadline)
SS Royce Lewis
P Jordan Balazovic
1B Aaron Sabato = About 37.5 on BTV

Cards
3B/2B Nolan Gorman
OF Josh Baez
P Andre Pallante = About 39 on BTV

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »