Home

Franchise CPU Roster Bug

This is a discussion on Franchise CPU Roster Bug within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2022, 11:15 PM   #1
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Franchise CPU Roster Bug

I've noticed in franchise mode for CPU teams if a player goes on the DL for an injury the CPU with designate a player for assignment and add a new player to the 40 man and a day or two later it will DFA that player and call up another and continue on with this process. So far I've witnessed four different teams doing this. Has anyone else experienced this bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Franchise CPU Roster Bug

I haven't seen this happening.

Which roster are you using?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-03-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I haven't seen this happening.

Which roster are you using?
It was one out of the vault that had players currently on the DL on their normal active rosters. I'm going to start a franchise with the live roster and another roster from the vault to see if I can duplicate this or see if it's a bug from that roster
Old 05-08-2022, 01:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did you ever figure out this issue? I’m having the same thing happen with Ridin’s newest rosters
Old 05-08-2022, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

I'm using the Live 4/29 sds roster and can confirm this happening. I was going through spring training. A 1B for the Cubs got injured and like every other day they would dfa someone and add someone. Like they always had 41 players and kept dfa ing a player, but would add another and go back to 41. Like it didn't recognize the injured player as part of the 40 man. I put the injured player on 60 day, and the dfa stopped.
A couple game days later, the Yankees had a player get injured. I went and put him on the 60 DL and again it stopped dfa ing players.
I don't know if it's a spring training thing or a injury thing.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 05-08-2022 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2022, 08:36 AM   #6
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I'm using the Live 4/29 sds roster and can confirm this happening. I was going through spring training. A 1B for the Cubs got injured and like every other day they would dfa someone and add someone. Like they always had 41 players and kept dfa ing a player, but would add another and go back to 41. Like it didn't recognize the injured player as part of the 40 man. I put the injured player on 60 day, and the dfa stopped.
A couple game days later, the Yankees had a player get injured. I went and put him on the 60 DL and again it stopped dfa ing players.
I don't know if it's a spring training thing or a injury thing.
Something weird is definitely happening to rosters on ST but I can't out my finger on it. I took Ridins Rosters and set all the 26 man rosters to the current day and went to Sim and obviously I got some lineups that needed adjusted. I hit "Fix All" and then I started getting messages for the teams that fixed their lineups all of a sudden had 50 players on their 40 man roster. I did find that I Auto Fix instead of Auto Fix All it worked fine though.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:43 AM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Something weird is definitely happening to rosters on ST but I can't out my finger on it. I took Ridins Rosters and set all the 26 man rosters to the current day and went to Sim and obviously I got some lineups that needed adjusted. I hit "Fix All" and then I started getting messages for the teams that fixed their lineups all of a sudden had 50 players on their 40 man roster. I did find that I Auto Fix instead of Auto Fix All it worked fine though.
So its just in spring training then maybe? Well that will suck. Not unplayable, but, I like going through spring. It helps find those storylines. Guys that wont make the roster if you start regular season, but may have played well in spring that you want to give a shot to.

Its weird thing thats for sure. Im a start fresh guy. No one is injured. Which is another reason I like spring. Get a few injured players to start the season as well. Again, storyline. Im using the 4/29 sds roster

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 05-09-2022, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

ARA28's Arena

Its also happening in the regukar season too.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »