Home

Prospect ratings.

This is a discussion on Prospect ratings. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2022, 12:53 AM   #9
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Prospect ratings.

For the Padres, at the SS position they either need to make CJ Abrams better or make Jackson Merrill lower because he should not be rated higher than CJ who's one of the top prospects in all baseball and is almost a lock for the opening day roster at this point.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:28 AM   #10
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I'd wait till after a sds opening day roster and see if any of it changes. Not counting on it, but it's possible for some changes especially if the club keeps the prospect on mlb roster.

Do they typically make changes to the prospect ratings in updates? I’ve never paid attention to that. I’ll probably just go through the top 100 MLB guys and at least make sure they have respectable ratings. Nothing crazy, but I’ll probably take Brennan Davis, who is the number 15 overall MLB prospect, and move him from a 60 to maybe a 70 at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-04-2022, 08:09 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

I never hesitate to edit guys so that they match my (novice) understanding of their skill set. I don’t think it makes much difference, considering there’s so much (rightly-placed) variance in potential performance, where anyone with a rating above 60 can theoretically perform statistically step-in-step with a player rated 20 and 30 points higher.

I hit .223 with Miggy enough times to know that the difference between 90 contact and 50 contact is between the ears. If you’re dialed in at the plate you can rake with anyone, and at the end of the day it almost doesn’t even matter what a guy is rated so long as his rating matches what you know and understand about him.

Not really what you’re asking, I know, but offering the friendly opinion that it hardly matters at all, you can rate guys whatever you want, because it makes the game better when you do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 09:03 AM   #12
Pro

boxers's Arena

I like this thread as it makes editing prospect potentials easier for teams I'm not that familiar with. As for Brennan Davis, ZIPS projects Josh Jung Jung and Davis with similar power profiles, so I upped Davis' power stats to the same level as Jung -- puts him at 65 overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Do they typically make changes to the prospect ratings in updates? I’ve never paid attention to that. I’ll probably just go through the top 100 MLB guys and at least make sure they have respectable ratings. Nothing crazy, but I’ll probably take Brennan Davis, who is the number 15 overall MLB prospect, and move him from a 60 to maybe a 70 at most.

Old 04-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #13
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Are there any prospects that you all think are either too low or too high in regards to ratings? I was looking through the Cubs prospects and their top guy, Brennan Davis, is only rated at 60. He has A potential and is expected to make his Major League debut this year, but it may be hard to do so in The Show until he’s rated at least in the 70’s.

I bumped Davis up to an 68. I don't know how some are just so far off, but this is nothing new when comparing the last few seasons.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:05 PM   #14
MVP

Prospect ratings.

I think we have some Cubs fans talking out of bias or maybe desperation 🤣 kidding guys!!

Old 04-04-2022, 04:17 PM   #15
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
I think we have some Cubs fans talking out of bias or maybe desperation 🤣 kidding guys!!

Look, man. Our team sucks and we only have one legitimate prospect. We want him to be good at least. Haha.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #16
Rookie

Julio Rodriguez

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »