Home

MLB 22 on Nintendo Switch in addition to PS5?

This is a discussion on MLB 22 on Nintendo Switch in addition to PS5? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB 22 on Nintendo Switch in addition to PS5?

So back in the day, I had a PS Vita and I of course had the PS3 and I loved playing the show at home, and then taking it with me on the road when I travelled to play on the Vita and continue with my franchise. It was great to take my stats and records with me and have the games I play handheld while travelling still count towards the main campaign.

Now that 22 is also available on the Nintendo Switch with cross-saves I am intrigued to say the least. I would never go buy a Switch just for this game (as a secondary option to a next gen version) but as fate would have it my daughter already owns the Switch and I could feasibly have access to it on a regular basis. In fact she rarely even uses it anymore.

I was a little shocked as the price of the game on the switch is $60 and I guess I was used to the Vita handheld games being only $29.99. I'm on the fence here.

Anyone else thinking of doing this type of thing? I have to say that I am not sure I will even be traveling much this year for work so there is a good change that anytime I would be playing the Show 22 I will be at home near the PS5 anyway. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 22 on Nintendo Switch in addition to PS5?

I hope to do this, but am waiting to read reviews for how it runs on Switch in handheld mode. I’m not convinced by what I’ve seen so far.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

I have both the PS5 version and Switch version. I have been playing PS5 since Friday and started in on the Switch version today. The Switch version is really impressive given that it's handheld. But they play very differently. It's going to be really difficult to play one version and then the other. Seeing the ball released by the pitcher is very different on a Switch screen than on my monitor with my PS5. I see the Switch version as more a stand-alone game. I could also see myself never touching the Switch version again.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:08 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I have both the PS5 version and Switch version. I have been playing PS5 since Friday and started in on the Switch version today. The Switch version is really impressive given that it's handheld. But they play very differently. It's going to be really difficult to play one version and then the other. Seeing the ball released by the pitcher is very different on a Switch screen than on my monitor with my PS5. I see the Switch version as more a stand-alone game. I could also see myself never touching the Switch version again.
How difficult is it to hit in hand held mode compared to ps5? I'm a little.concerned it'll be too difficult on such a small screen

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
How difficult is it to hit in hand held mode compared to ps5? I'm a little.concerned it'll be too difficult on such a small screen

I was completely guessing at location and pitch speed. It was remarkably different than PS5. It is WAY better than Vita. I think you could easily learn to play on the Nintendo Switch and have a lot of fun, but I honestly think it would hamper my ability on the PS5. Timing is different...

I also had a heck of time with meter pitching nailing anything remotely on time with fastballs. I was always late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 02:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Eh-Red's Arena

OVR: 2

I did this but got it on gamepass on my Xbox. I mainly play RTTS on the Switch and will play full games on the Xbox. For me, RTTS is the perfect handheld baseball game while I enjoy playing full games on the TV.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I was completely guessing at location and pitch speed. It was remarkably different than PS5. It is WAY better than Vita. I think you could easily learn to play on the Nintendo Switch and have a lot of fun, but I honestly think it would hamper my ability on the PS5. Timing is different...

I also had a heck of time with meter pitching nailing anything remotely on time with fastballs. I was always late.
Wonder if classic pitching and timing for hitting instead of zone would be workable

Old 04-05-2022, 03:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh-Red
I did this but got it on gamepass on my Xbox. I mainly play RTTS on the Switch and will play full games on the Xbox. For me, RTTS is the perfect handheld baseball game while I enjoy playing full games on the TV.
reading this made me want to do the same thing. I always played on ps4 on the tv. now I'm on a series S with game pass so it's my first year in forever I didn't pay for the game. I'm thinking I can use that money I saved to get it on the switch. hmmmm
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »