Home

New franchise trade logic

This is a discussion on New franchise trade logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2022, 09:45 PM   #41
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New franchise trade logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelishattheDish
You don't trade Schwarber when he's only making 3 million dollars and he's projected to be a 2 war player because there's a very slim chance you're actually going to be able to get that value back for him, unless you get a great offer. They were trying to trade Schwarber before that even and the offers weren't good enough. Just because you don't plan on keeping borderline all stars (at that point) beyond arbitration doesn't mean you have to trade them, I don't get that perception at all. The cubs tanked for how many years to build that core and you think giving them 3 years together is worth tanking that long for? lol I don't.
Well, I just strongly disagree.

If you aren't contending for the WS right now, and you aren't keeping the guy when he's a free agent, then you move him for someone who you have signifigantly more team control over. Period, in my book.

I don't get WAR being a controlling factor there. Who gives a crap whether a player concievably/allegedly adds a few wins to a low 80s roster? Think about the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2022, 06:12 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Well, I just strongly disagree.

If you aren't contending for the WS right now, and you aren't keeping the guy when he's a free agent, then you move him for someone who you have signifigantly more team control over. Period, in my book.

I don't get WAR being a controlling factor there. Who gives a crap whether a player concievably/allegedly adds a few wins to a low 80s roster? Think about the future.
There's plenty of teams don't actually do that, at least not in the position that the Cubs were in, being a large market team. Not every team has to play it like Tampa Bay or Kansas City. I don't know maybe you should become a fan of one of those kinds of teams I don't think the Cubs are really ever gonna be like that, they handle their resources differently.

WAR is a factor when determining a player's overall value, that and projections are how teams determine what a player is worth. It's why Bryant is making 25 million a year now, because in terms of WAR that's exactly what his market value probably actually is. How is that not relevant to trading/signing players? lol

Cubs in 2020 were projected to be an 82 win team, within the margin of error that's still potentially a playoff team. I know now we're sitting here with the benefit of hindsight but management obviously had a different perspective at the time.

How this ties into the franchise trade logic I don't know. Look at it however you want, sometimes teams do dumb stuff. Everything is always dumb in someone's opinion, if you're paying the bills I guess you get to make the decisions lol

Last edited by DelishattheDish; 04-23-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #43
Rookie

ThePride1987's Arena

OVR: 0

One of the problems I have with the trade logic of this game is players cannot have negative value. I can shop Miggy around and actually find teams willing to take his $30M on despite not being up to MLB standards. Granted....I won't get anything useful back, but to take a minor league player to dump that contract? Yea.....not realistic in the slightest.

I know, "well that's why you gotta play 30 team control, yada yada". I don't want to babysit my video game, thank you very much. I don't think I'm asking for too much out of the devs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »