Home

New franchise trade logic

This is a discussion on New franchise trade logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2022, 11:53 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
New franchise trade logic

Pretty sure I read that no recently signed player would immediately be available to be traded for.

In my Pirates relocated franchise I can trade Oneil Cruz for Corey Seager. Maybe since Seager is already on a team it doesn't consider him a recently signed player.

I'm not going to make the trade because try to adhere to MLB rules and because Seager would eat up about 40% of my total payroll but I thought that was interesting.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New franchise trade logic

Didn't they just say the CPU wouldn't look to move them by putting them on the trade block and thus not trade them to another CPU team? If there is no explicit rule against trading them, it makes sense for the CPU to listen to trade offers for them if you are willing to give them more value in return.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #3
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Pretty sure I read that no recently signed player would immediately be available to be traded for.

In my Pirates relocated franchise I can trade Oneil Cruz for Corey Seager. Maybe since Seager is already on a team it doesn't consider him a recently signed player.

I'm not going to make the trade because try to adhere to MLB rules and because Seager would eat up about 40% of my total payroll but I thought that was interesting.
Yeah my guess is that there is no way for the computer to tell who is "recently signed" in year 1.

Also I started a general franchise feedback thread yesterday (probably got buried to page 2 of this forum) in hopes of having all issues w/franchise in one place and to suggest any work around. I will update it with this when I get the chance

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 04-07-2022, 02:12 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Didn't they just say the CPU wouldn't look to move them by putting them on the trade block and thus not trade them to another CPU team? If there is no explicit rule against trading them, it makes sense for the CPU to listen to trade offers for them if you are willing to give them more value in return.
Except Oneil Cruz didn't make the opening day roster for the Pirates and his attributes are not remotely as good as Corey Seager.

Aside from the fact he can't legally be traded until June per MLB rules he also would never be traded even up for Oneil Cruz unless Texas wanted a fan revolt.

One of the things they hyped - and I was looking forward to - was trade logic reform. I'm not seeing the logic behind this.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Except Oneil Cruz didn't make the opening day roster for the Pirates and his attributes are not remotely as good as Corey Seager.

Aside from the fact he can't legally be traded until June per MLB rules he also would never be traded even up for Oneil Cruz unless Texas wanted a fan revolt.

One of the things they hyped - and I was looking forward to - was trade logic reform. I'm not seeing the logic behind this.
It's year one and I imagine Seager won't be considered a recently signed player because he was already assigned to the Rangers on the opening day roster.

Idk if that's actually in the game but it almost certainly won't apply to real life new signings if it is. I'm pretty sure it's the same with 2K, etc. When the game first comes out, you can trade your rookies and new signings immediately despite the team not being able to do so in real life (iirc).

With regards to trade logic in general, I've seen an improvement over a small sample size. Trading is way too complex to ever be able to accurately replicate in a video game but it's better than '21 imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2022, 10:20 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
It's year one and I imagine Seager won't be considered a recently signed player because he was already assigned to the Rangers on the opening day roster.

Idk if that's actually in the game but it almost certainly won't apply to real life new signings if it is. I'm pretty sure it's the same with 2K, etc. When the game first comes out, you can trade your rookies and new signings immediately despite the team not being able to do so in real life (iirc).

With regards to trade logic in general, I've seen an improvement over a small sample size. Trading is way too complex to ever be able to accurately replicate in a video game but it's better than '21 imo.
I agree but Corey Seager for Oneil Cruz?
Old 04-07-2022, 10:56 PM   #7
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
When was the trade proposed and how were each performing?

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 04-08-2022, 03:05 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
This is a weird trade but you seem to be implying that it's massively unfair for the Rangers. It's actually the opposite. Cruz is a much more valuable player than Seager.

I agree that the trade doesn't make sense but I think it's the opposite of what you're currently thinking. Unless I'm misunderstanding you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »