Home

Baserunners Retreating Back To Base

This is a discussion on Baserunners Retreating Back To Base within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #1
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Baserunners Retreating Back To Base

I'm having an issue with my baserunners retreating back to their bag on all balls in play doesn't matter if it's a base hit or an out or how many outs there are. Anyone having this problem. I have my base running settings on assist. Here's a clip demonstrating what I'm talking about

https://youtu.be/C-c7AVn2BOw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2022, 02:05 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Baserunners Retreating Back To Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy29
I'm having an issue with my baserunners retreating back to their bag on all balls in play doesn't matter if it's a base hit or an out or how many outs there are. Anyone having this problem. I have my base running settings on assist. Here's a clip demonstrating what I'm talking about

https://youtu.be/C-c7AVn2BOw
All I can suggest is to send a bug report to SDS. People have complained about this kind of thing for years and nothing's seemingly been able to fix it, and on the other side of the coin some of us (like myself) have never had this happen accidentally. I can say that pressing R1 at the exact same time as the swing can duplicate this, but as people always insist that they're not hitting two buttons when it happens I've long since given up on that angle. But since that's the only way I can purposely duplicate it that's all I've got - sorry.

I even have a clip in the little things thread of a very similar situation - hit-and-run runner forced to tag up, except I also had a runner on 3rd that I was waiting to tag up and score on. It executes exactly how it's supposed to, with the runner between first and second even not responding to the L1 press that sends the 3B runner home, and continuing his return to first.

I will say that sending live gameplay clips of instances like this have a better chance of getting addressed, so good on you for that.

Here's the bug report link:

https://theshow.sonysandiegostudio.g...d=360003007534

Last edited by bcruise; 05-05-2022 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:46 AM   #3
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Thanks I appreciate it I did report it with video of it happening
Old 05-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Honestly, I feel like I've seen problems with players tagging and going back to base incorrectly for years. In the video you posted, it's something I've seen before in previous years. It seems like the game's AI has the player on 1st run on the ball being hit into the outfield but then the AI also knows it's going to be an out which triggers the player heading back to 1st. The problem is that delay. Because if the guy on 1st hadn't been sent, you might've had the chance to try taking second if you wanted to but by the time these animations were put in place you didn't have a chance. I've lost runners not getting back in time and runners not scoring when they could have many times and I'm actually surprised Sony's never fixed this. It's amazing how much better the base running management was in MLB2K12.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #5
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

A bigger problem in this case is that there are two outs. (It’s in the video clip audio).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2022, 04:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel your pain OP!

I hate baserunning in this game. Especially for us human players. I’ve been tagged out way to many times due to the stuck in the mud feeling my baserunners get when trying to return to a base.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Same issue with me as well in either autobase running or assist where I have to move the runner. So frustrating and lost more than a few games just because of this. The runner(s) goes back to the base on a hit! and with two outs they don't run at all....It's really bad! This is on Xbox series /s

I never had this issue this bad with past MLB games on the Playstation 3 or 4. Sure there were base running problems but very rare and once in a while type thing, but this is all the time!...SMH
Old 05-09-2022, 09:48 AM   #8
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Haven't had a ton of this, but I have seen it, especially on balls hit past the SS with a man on 2B.

.. and plenty of over-aggressive base running where the runner is out by a mile. (I use auto baseruninng)

Seems to be one of the spots they didn't find a good balance this year... but it does feel improved over what I saw the past few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »