Home

Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

This is a discussion on Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2022, 07:09 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

Be on ps plus extra on launch day. Xbox have already mlb 22 the show on gamepass. Ps plus no show
Old 06-15-2022, 08:39 PM   #58
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
We're on PS5 and on XSX I don't believe that excuse at all now.
That's all it is, an excuse to just not do it. They said the same thing about the PS3 version and the PS4/PS4Pro version.

I don't believe the whole bogging down the FPS excuse either, because it makes zero sense. That isn't how that works. The only thing adding more alternate jerseys would do is increase the install size. If you are told otherwise, you are being lied to. Unless the coding in this game is even worse than I thought.

At any rate, here's hoping they actually make some meaningful improvements for next years game. Just waiting for the "new" feature reveal of Year to Year saves next year
Old 06-15-2022, 09:40 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
When they tried on the PS4, it bogged down the FPS that caused the game to be sluggish. I don't know if the same issue would exist on the newer consoles, but the last time they addressed the reasoning it was due to bogging down FPS.

Personally I don't believe its a high priority fix on the list of things they and the community want in the game.
don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind it being added in but it definitely isn't in the top 100 things I'd like to see worked on. I wouldn't even say what I want is what the average player in the community wants, but I do bet there is a huge list of what the dev's would like added and if it's even in the top 50 of what SDS wants put in, frankly I'd be stunned

A Work in Progress
Old 06-16-2022, 12:01 AM   #60
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd love to see them fix the crazy boost the cpu has for hitting with two outs.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Old 06-17-2022, 01:05 AM   #61
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

How can the atmosphere still not be better? Im up 5 to 0 in ninth and i flyout to center and crowd goes wild even though their losing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2022, 01:14 AM   #62
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
How can the atmosphere still not be better? Im up 5 to 0 in ninth and i flyout to center and crowd goes wild even though their losing

This games inability to properly immerse you in the moment has been its biggest killer for me for over a decade. They seem so close but just never break through. Like they have the right idea but don’t quite understand.

Also - the play by play crew is friggin obnoxious. Never liked Sciambi and can’t stand listening to his phony nasally voice repeat the same stories about how he could draw a walk in the big leagues all day.

Also I’m probably in the minority in this but please upgrade the stuff you upgraded in 2015-ish… yes I’m talking about bat flips and hair. Believe it or not, hair styles have changed since 2015 when that part of the game was redone! And the bat flips have reeked of clown shoes ever since they were added… As if I want to hit a home run and pretend like I’m bowling or doing somersaults around the bases smh. Can we just please for the love of god just add some clean, smooth looking pimp jobs that are actually cool and not insanely ridiculous?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-21-2022, 11:43 AM   #63
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

OVR: 0

Is there any reasonable explanation for franchise mode not having all the equipment uniform options you can purchase in DD or RTTS? Overall I think it would be a great improvement if the same equipment and uniforms that are available in those modes even if you had to purchase them with stubs. I think most franchise players would be OK with that as long as it’s an option for the mode. But to not have them even as a purchasable item for franchise is further proof that they don’t have a sincere effort on improving franchise mode in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 06-23-2022, 01:02 PM   #64
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemYankee
This games inability to properly immerse you in the moment has been its biggest killer for me for over a decade. They seem so close but just never break through. Like they have the right idea but don’t quite understand.

Also - the play by play crew is friggin obnoxious. Never liked Sciambi and can’t stand listening to his phony nasally voice repeat the same stories about how he could draw a walk in the big leagues all day.

Also I’m probably in the minority in this but please upgrade the stuff you upgraded in 2015-ish… yes I’m talking about bat flips and hair. Believe it or not, hair styles have changed since 2015 when that part of the game was redone! And the bat flips have reeked of clown shoes ever since they were added… As if I want to hit a home run and pretend like I’m bowling or doing somersaults around the bases smh. Can we just please for the love of god just add some clean, smooth looking pimp jobs that are actually cool and not insanely ridiculous?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I give the commentary team a bit of a pass due to this being their first year. I agree that I'm tired of the repeated lines but I expected them this year. But everything else I tend to agree with. I don't have a problem with a few cartoon celebrations but we need a lot more realistic ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »