Home

Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

This is a discussion on Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2022, 05:09 PM   #25
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

Can we unretire all jerseys other than 42? This just kills historic rosters.

Can we have a toggle button to have this option on or off? Please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2022, 06:23 PM   #26
Rookie

Siuflyer's Arena

Stat sliders and the ability to import players into an existing franchise.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:28 PM   #27
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd like to see the way secondary positions are handled redone. Right now, a players ability to play a specific position is trinary; it's either a primary (full attributes), secondary (they lose ~5% of their ratings in fielding, reaction, and arm accuracy), or none at all (they lose a lot more and get bad animations, I believe).

But this system leaves a lot to be desired. Take somebody like Taylor Ward. It makes sense for him to have some ability to play Catcher. He played it in college and for a lot of his time in the minors. But he also hasn't played it at all since 2017. Since then, he's primarily been at 3B, LF, and RF. So while it makes sense for him to have a C secondary, should it be treated the same as a 3B secondary for him?

There's also a guy like Marcus Semien. He's been primarily at 2B the last 2 years. Makes sense for that to be his primary. But from 2015-20, he was primarily a SS, and he has still played SS in 23 games the last two years. He's still perfectly capable of playing SS everyday, and has just been at 2B because of other players at SS. So, he's really a guy that should have 2 primaries. Same goes for David Fletcher, who is a SS this year after playing 2B last year.

I think they should switch to a system where each individual position gets a rating that acts as a modifier to their defensive ratings. It was either MVP Baseball or 2k that did this as well, and it worked well. So a guy like Ward in the minors maybe gets like a 40 in catcher, but gets maybe say a 70 at 3B. But a guy like Semien gets a 99 at both 2B and SS.

This would also apply to OFers, though I think the vast majority of OFers would have full ratings for multiple OF positions.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #28
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I'd like to see the way secondary positions are handled redone. Right now, a players ability to play a specific position is trinary; it's either a primary (full attributes), secondary (they lose ~5% of their ratings in fielding, reaction, and arm accuracy), or none at all (they lose a lot more and get bad animations, I believe).

But this system leaves a lot to be desired. Take somebody like Taylor Ward. It makes sense for him to have some ability to play Catcher. He played it in college and for a lot of his time in the minors. But he also hasn't played it at all since 2017. Since then, he's primarily been at 3B, LF, and RF. So while it makes sense for him to have a C secondary, should it be treated the same as a 3B secondary for him?

There's also a guy like Marcus Semien. He's been primarily at 2B the last 2 years. Makes sense for that to be his primary. But from 2015-20, he was primarily a SS, and he has still played SS in 23 games the last two years. He's still perfectly capable of playing SS everyday, and has just been at 2B because of other players at SS. So, he's really a guy that should have 2 primaries. Same goes for David Fletcher, who is a SS this year after playing 2B last year.

I think they should switch to a system where each individual position gets a rating that acts as a modifier to their defensive ratings. It was either MVP Baseball or 2k that did this as well, and it worked well. So a guy like Ward in the minors maybe gets like a 40 in catcher, but gets maybe say a 70 at 3B. But a guy like Semien gets a 99 at both 2B and SS.

This would also apply to OFers, though I think the vast majority of OFers would have full ratings for multiple OF positions.

Good stuff
Old 05-27-2022, 03:51 PM   #29
Rookie

Dagio's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote

I'd love to see positional ratings as well, particularly for Road to the Show. Each position would be a trainable attribute, allowing you to build a utility player at the expense of other attributes. There'd also be in-game boosts, with your rating increasing each time you make a defensive play at that position. Maybe even a utility player archetype?
Old 05-29-2022, 12:03 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

They have some good stats that we see during games, like last ten games, stats in a current series, stats vs a particular player. I’d like to be able to view them from the franchise menu
Old 05-29-2022, 12:24 PM   #31
MVP

forme95's Arena

Update the game to more like today's baseball. Get rid of the pitch out, lower complete games, tone down the overly done bouncing ground rule doubles, etc.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 05-29-2022 at 04:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2022, 12:46 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Update the game to more like today's baseball. Get rid of the pitch out, lower compleye games, etc.
I was actually just looking at complete games in my franchise. There have been 7 so far this year, in my franchise it’s June 11 and in just the NL there have been 28.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »