Home

Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

This is a discussion on Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2022, 06:38 AM   #25
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

The fielding was much better in MLB 21. The super slides from outfielders are ridiculous lol. The way they throw the ball back in like no one is on base after a fly out, when clearly guys are tagging up. Taking their time to pick up a ball in the corners. It's just a mess sometimes and I like 2021 fielding a lot better.

Hitting and pitching is the same it's always been to me. SDS really needs to tone back the homeruns by a ton however. If you use default power you're easily seeing 3-4 total homeruns per game. Takes the fun out of the game with 90% of runs score via homerun.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-17-2022 at 06:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2022, 09:51 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can see his points . For me, there isn’t enough hitting animations I feel most of my hits are all the same , while
The cpu seems to have a great mix on the harder difficulties. I also wish the ratings were better, guys who won gold gloves don’t seem to have the correct ratings to reflect that, and I can’t for the life of me understand why user roster ratings from us in the community is always better than what’s done by the show team .
Old 05-17-2022, 09:59 AM   #27
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Re: Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeum445
I can see his points . For me, there isn’t enough hitting animations I feel most of my hits are all the same
You're not playing at a high enough difficulty then or your pitch speed settings are too easy for you to square things up.

If you play offline modes, dropping power one-click can help the hit variety tremendously - but...the biggest key is making sure you're at an appropriately high enough difficulty with a pitch speed setting that is challenging for you (and faster does not necessarily equal harder).
Old 05-17-2022, 11:02 AM   #28
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I want to touch on #5 cause this sorta ties in with it, it greatly annoys me to see a liner down the line where the umpire will turn his back home plate and signal foul on a ball that he cannot see because he turned his back to it. It's the damnest thing and just crushes the realism. Unless MLB umpires have eyes in the back of their head they shouldn't turn around to signal foul ball on a ball that never goes past them.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 05-17-2022, 11:15 AM   #29
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0
Can't say I agree about hitting.

Fielding? I had like 4 weird random errors that while frustrating, did add to the game.

Injuries I do manually and 30 team control so I'm not one to speak on that.

(edit) totally agree about stealing.

Agree that I'm worried about the effect of DD streamers
Old 05-17-2022, 11:19 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5

What I would like to add is basrunning; instances where baserunners fail to run or worse run backwards on a base hit. For me this is an even bigger problem. Nothing will destroy a rally faster than having a runner on first run back to first on a single and thus get thrown out at second by an outfielder.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-17-2022, 11:27 AM   #31
MVP

I use manage mode and regarding stealing the biggest thing they did was implement the slide step for pitchers. It has been overdone and not implemented in a realistic way. IRL the slide step reduced velocity and control but that isn't reflected in the game.

I'm all in favor of replicating reality but too frequently they implement new ideas but don't do it correctly.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:48 AM   #32
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This article is.....I am going to say it.....and I have rarely criticized our article writers here who do a commendable job...TERRIBLE.

Watch baseball.....hell those of us who have played at high levels....know well and good you can go 0-15 with 10 lasers that find leather, 3 strikeouts and 2 pop outs just missing the barrel.

The Show captures this incredibly well.

BUT......online gamers gonna online whine. Same story each and every cycle since the game became very popular with online competitive play. And then they infect our offline bliss.

Rocket bunts, check swings....shall I keep going.

Terrible article. It encapsulates what a lot of us keep trying to avoid. The game caving in to the demands of pure user input vs ratings based baseball. They have a great balance right now and they have numerous control options. The hitting engine was balanced back for 22 after last cycles regression.

Its a battle and I felt 21 caved and 22 was a big recovery and hence the huge outcry on twitter or wherever the heck else the online crowd is flipping out about hitting.

I am glad SDS has stuck to their guns with 22. The game is playing fantastic. Perfect? No.

But leave hitting alone. Please. In fact just leave gameplay alone......get to work on 23. Leave 22 alone. I can’t stomach some of the crap that is being said about hitting.

IT'S BASEBALL!!!!!! It is a game of monumental failure. It is a game you can do everything right 1000 times and only be successful 275 and you had a good career. 25 more balls that find a hole, bleed, or miss a glove and you are a Hall of Famer.

What is so hard to grasp about this fact?
Very well said.

If they're going to ruin fundamentals to bow down to the online crew, I'm happy to jump into bed with OOTP.

I'm not going to waste a decade of angst and frustration the way I did with Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »