Home

Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

This is a discussion on Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Yes perhaps, I’ve used both meter and pinpoint and feel the cpu is punchless. Really considering giving classic an honest go, just not sure how fun it will be. I was really hoping they added a new harder pitching difficulty this year to counter how effective some of the mechanics can be
My guess is that you won’t be able to handle playing on a mode where your failure is due to your decision making. Seriously can’t wait for you to explain why using arcadish controls is better, even when you don’t like the results, because you think twirling sticks and pressing buttons rapidly is so immersive, because the dumb pitch you threw in a dumb location still gets an out.

And yes, you are trolling. If you were actually trying to problem solve, you might actually provide data and maybe video of you playing.

But instead, you’ve found a nice topic, for five years now, to troll with. It’s called concern trolling. You ask for help, but the point is to say the game sucks. For five years you have shown that you are too dumb to stop playing a game you only complain about.

And now you think we will want to hear your take on Classic Pitching?
Old 05-25-2022, 02:04 PM   #98
MVP

I’ll just say it to get it out of the way:

Classic has full-range variance on pitch-effort, which, if I say nothing else about it, already makes any claim of “hit the button, get pitch result” as nonsensical.

Tap, hold, quarter-hold, firm-and-long, slight hold, etc all have different effects on the pitch and also vary by pitcher and by game circumstance (confidence etc).

Sometimes a pitch will only do what you want it to with max effort. Sometimes max effort is the exact opposite of what you want. Everything in between as well.

It is wildly more interesting than the meter to say the least. I haven’t even bothered with any of the new ones because classic is impossibly fun to me.
Old 05-25-2022, 02:35 PM   #99
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I didn't think I'd like Classic, but after trying it, I do find it to be the most fun and most immersive.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2022, 05:43 PM   #100
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers

Classic has full-range variance on pitch-effort, which, if I say nothing else about it, already makes any claim of “hit the button, get pitch result” as nonsensical.

Tap, hold, quarter-hold, firm-and-long, slight hold, etc all have different effects on the pitch and also vary by pitcher and by game circumstance (confidence etc).

Sometimes a pitch will only do what you want it to with max effort. Sometimes max effort is the exact opposite of what you want. Everything in between as well.

It is wildly more interesting than the meter to say the least. I haven’t even bothered with any of the new ones because classic is impossibly fun to me.

Everything you just described can be achieved with the meter pitching input as well. Want a faster sharper breaking pitch, hold the button down longer. Want a slower more loopy curveball, just tap the button. Everything in between is there as well. Want your pitcher to pitch longer without tiring, then don't hold the button down cause if you hold the button down on every pitch the pitcher will tire faster.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 05-25-2022, 06:16 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Everything you just described can be achieved with the meter pitching input as well. Want a faster sharper breaking pitch, hold the button down longer. Want a slower more loopy curveball, just tap the button. Everything in between is there as well. Want your pitcher to pitch longer without tiring, then don't hold the button down cause if you hold the button down on every pitch the pitcher will tire faster.
Nice, happy to hear that. you’re right to correct me too bc I had no idea. Haven’t used it since PS2 but it makes perfect sense that it would behave that way.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-25-2022 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2022, 02:04 PM   #102
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers

i will say this, I was a meter guy previously. You're spot on with how you can shape your pitches with the meter as well. My problem was, not matter how difficult I made it, it was still far to easy to hit my spots with meter pitching. So I dominated on the mound for the most part.

With Classic pitching there's enough variance on pitch location based on user input and player ratings that the CPU is actually a threat at the plate (at least to me) and most pitchers tend to pitch to their ratings, with some variance. Some days when I play my good pitchers just don't have it, and occasionally my lower rated pitchers will be on their game and pitch really well.

After playing Classic I don't think I'll ever go back to the meter.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:11 PM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
i will say this, I was a meter guy previously. You're spot on with how you can shape your pitches with the meter as well. My problem was, not matter how difficult I made it, it was still far to easy to hit my spots with meter pitching. So I dominated on the mound for the most part.

With Classic pitching there's enough variance on pitch location based on user input and player ratings that the CPU is actually a threat at the plate (at least to me) and most pitchers tend to pitch to their ratings, with some variance. Some days when I play my good pitchers just don't have it, and occasionally my lower rated pitchers will be on their game and pitch really well.

After playing Classic I don't think I'll ever go back to the meter.
Yeah thinking about it more (it really has been forever since I used the meter, I should not have dissed it like I did), the main reason I never dabbled in any of the other interfaces is because of the no-HUD factor. The combination of classic having some genuine depth + no HUD is what keeps me there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »