Home

HOF/Legend pitching difficulty differences

This is a discussion on HOF/Legend pitching difficulty differences within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2022, 01:53 PM   #9
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HOF/Legend pitching difficulty differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
See nothing difficult about Legend
Haha I’ll judge after my next series at the giants.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:49 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
In a nutshell i'm looking for something close to what's realistic in terms of what an MLB pitcher would deliver. I've settled on HOF for a while now but some at bats i'm seeing too many bad pitches.

Does legend give more realistic pitches in terms of where the ball is pitched or does it just 'cheat' you out of hits by turning grounders into catches for the infield etc. or nerf your hitters?

I'm by no means the best batter so would be bumping the contact and timing slider way up to compensate but as i've said HOF feels a bit too cheap at the minute.
I find on Legend/HOF the CPU pitches to you in a similar manner. However on Legend you do run into those cheat issues in the batters box and mound. The CPU makes unnecessary contact on Legend for me when I pitch and really hurts the Ks. I prefer to use HOF and raise the CPU's hitting a lot so I can still have realistic K's.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:22 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
The only thing difficulty does is increase or decrease the PCI circles when hitting. The AI does not pitch any differently on rookie than it does on legend. I am hitting on rookie and can assure you they paint corners etc just the same.
I’ll admit I’ve never compiled any hard data on this but I disagree with this. I play on Dynamic, and when I’m at veteran and below I seem to get a lot more meatballs and strikes in general thrown to me. Starting at All Star the CPU throws more balls and forces patience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2022, 07:51 AM   #12
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgyFlames
I’ll admit I’ve never compiled any hard data on this but I disagree with this. I play on Dynamic, and when I’m at veteran and below I seem to get a lot more meatballs and strikes in general thrown to me. Starting at All Star the CPU throws more balls and forces patience.
Agree with this. I’ve noticed the difference (albeit a small sample size) on pitching locations between HOF/Legend.

What led me to wondering about it all, was a long at-bat on HOF where I reviewed where the pitches were located after the 9th/10th pitch and noticed at-least 5 of them were in bad locations. Of course I was questioning pitch locations before that. Couldn’t help but think you’d hardly see that IRL.

I’m really enjoying Legend for what it’s worth. Have contact and timing on 7 and it’s offering a really nice challenge, which makes hits more rewarding when they come.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase32
I find on Legend/HOF the CPU pitches to you in a similar manner. However on Legend you do run into those cheat issues in the batters box and mound. The CPU makes unnecessary contact on Legend for me when I pitch and really hurts the Ks. I prefer to use HOF and raise the CPU's hitting a lot so I can still have realistic K's.
I incorrectly put ‘pitching’ in the title instead of ‘hitting’, my bad!

I’m on legend pitching and I’m still finding it a bit too easy with my starting pitchers. I’m considering bumping up the CPU contact slider another notch.

I agree with the low K count though. I rarely go over 5 (I think!).
Old 05-25-2022, 11:35 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgyFlames
I noticed a huge difference going from all star to all star + with dynamic difficulty. Once I got to all star + pitchers have been living on the corners or the very bottom of the zone. I’m constantly striking out looking
Old 05-29-2022, 10:50 AM   #15
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: HOF/Legend hitting difficulty differences

Idk I just know for me the AI pitches to corners and literally the same way on Minors, Rookie, Veteran and Allstar. The only thing I noticed is below Rookie (Minors+ and Minors difficulty) the pitch speed slowed down. They've made a lot of great pitches against me on rookie. I find it very hard to believe anyway that SDS somehow coded pitchers to pitch the strikezone differently with difficulty levels considering the strikezone changes with every hitter. That feels like an impossibility to even do.

Unless you're on beginner and they're coded to throw BP fastballs at you I really see them pitching the same way no matter what. Your PCI just increases the lower the difficulty, thus more range to square up a ball the lower the difficulty.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-29-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »