Home

MLB The Show 22 Patch #9 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Patch #9 Available Today - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2022, 01:27 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
MLB The Show 22 Patch #9 Available Today - Patch Notes

MLB The Show 22 patch #9 is available today featuring the addition of the Nike City...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2022, 03:12 AM   #2
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Title Update 1.09 Overnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
https://theshow.com/news/game22-update-9/

Minor update, no gameplay changes. Curious as to what "Various play-by-play commentary adjustments" entails.
Brewers city connect jerseys are in they should fix that big logo behind homeplete at American Family field , is killing me lol they should just add the Glove logo not that big circle logo lol it kills me lol ..
Old 06-23-2022, 07:14 AM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

They really need to turn the wind back on when playing in custom leagues online it's been what feels like months. Very hard to look at playing in the east, chicago and looking at no movement at all with the flags.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Operation Sports mobile app

Donations on Cashapp: mlbnetworkleague

Old 06-23-2022, 07:57 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Minor update, no gameplay changes. Curious as to what "Various play-by-play commentary adjustments" entails.
First and foremost, glad there are no gameplay changes

Second, I like the addition of minor league players wearing 42 on Jackie Robinson Day.

And finally, my guess is the "various play-by-play commentary adjustments" will primarily be cleaning up some spots where Boog provides incorrect information such as calling a strike, "strike one" when its the 2nd strike, mis-identifying the score of the game, the effect of a run scored (game tied when its not) etc...

I am hopeful that it also pertains to opening up some new commentary that they may have been working on.

One thing I was hoping was that this update would include presentation updates so that information once in the game would return (weather, starting pitcher final line, upcoming schedule etc...). I've mentioned to them how there are times that it seems as though a stat banner is supposed to show, but it never triggers.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-23-2022, 08:40 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Just a guess, but I’ve picked up on several instances where the wrong commentary line is triggered so maybe that’s it. They’ll say great pitch to take with a 3-1 count when it’s not a 3-1 count, or say it’s an 0-2 count when it’s really 2-0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2022, 09:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

I know its the first year for this teams commentary but its horrible this year. They are wrong so many times its ridiculous. Walk the first batter of an inning and the guy says leading off for the next batter. Let a guy get up with descent speed and you hear the same line every single at bat how his speed is a difference maker. Bring back Matt and the team. Nothing anymore about the streaks teams are on. Its just a major step back this year with commentary
Old 06-23-2022, 10:05 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Is the commentary bad? Objectively, yes it is. I think people need to understand how long it’s going to take for them to have the amount of commentary with the new team that we’re used to with the old team

It was never going to be as simple as plugging in an entirely new commentary team and expecting them to have the amount of lines that Matt and crew accumulated over the last decade or so. That’s an unfair thing to expect.

Turn off the commentary and enjoy the sounds of the ballpark. It’s much better that way IMO. Next year we’ll see improvements to the commentary.

95% of people on this board were clamoring for a brand new commentary team. We finally get it, and now everyone’s complaining about it. We can’t have it both ways, gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Is the commentary bad? Objectively, yes it is. I think people need to understand how long it’s going to take for them to have the amount of commentary with the new team that we’re used to with the old team

It was never going to be as simple as plugging in an entirely new commentary team and expecting them to have the amount of lines that Matt and crew accumulated over the last decade or so. That’s an unfair thing to expect.

Turn off the commentary and enjoy the sounds of the ballpark. It’s much better that way IMO. Next year we’ll see improvements to the commentary.

95% of people on this board were clamoring for a brand new commentary team. We finally get it, and now everyone’s complaining about it. We can’t have it both ways, gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This^

I just look past some of the stuff and enjoy what's good about it (silence, for one). Haven't played with the last patch to hear improvements, but it's obvious they are working on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »