Home

Game Suddenly Crashing PS4

This is a discussion on Game Suddenly Crashing PS4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation
OS Reacts: NBA 2K23 Gameplay Improvements
MLB The Show 22 Missing Features

Old 06-28-2022, 04:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Game Suddenly Crashing PS4

Game had been running fine---apart from today---get to about the 7th inning--change Pitcher, game then crashes CE-34878-0 Error ???
I wonder if its because i am trying to load from a saved game in progress...but its very stange that this has only just started doin this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2022, 07:18 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Game Suddenly Crashing PS4

A bunch of folks have been having weird issues with '22. Myself included. I had a long talk with Playstation Support and they told me the issue seems to be in the Servers on SDS's side. Not saying this is gospel or anything. Certainly not trusting any developer in this day and age. But it certainly fit with my issues. I will say that at least Playstation has talked to me, which SDS has not. Even thru their "support line"

edit I have now heard from SDS in person and they are looking into things. These guys rock

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 06-28-2022 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
Pro

As I only play offline, do you think disconnecting from the internet would work?

I have tried to play the same game 3 times,. and every time I go to the bullpen to change pitcher (7th 8th inning) it immediately crashes.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:25 AM   #4
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Its worth a shot. I was trying anything anybody could think of.

Good luck

Or try to play the game again from a Non in progress save and see if that works. I know it sucks to do. But maybe that save just got corrupted somehow? Like I said try everything you can to trouble shoot. Because you never know when its going to happen again.

I am dreading the next roster update in fear it does it all over again.

Last edited by Bullit; 06-29-2022 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:29 AM   #5
Hunting number 12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
As I only play offline, do you think disconnecting from the internet would work?

I have tried to play the same game 3 times,. and every time I go to the bullpen to change pitcher (7th 8th inning) it immediately crashes.
You could disconnect from the internet while playing, I would think that would prevent the issue from happening.

The other option would be to delete and reinstall the game to see if that does anything. I doubt it, but worth a shot.

One more thing, as much as this may stink, would be sim the game you're having the issue in and play the next game to see if its still happening. Or try playing an exhibition game and see if the issue occurs.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2022, 04:23 PM   #6
Pro

Hot Garbage....
Played fine for 60 plus games after starting my Franchise 6th May.
Tried to start under a different save----got to the 9th inning, put my Closer in to finish , Game Crashed!!!!!
3rd tme in 24 hours.!!!!?? NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN UNTIL YESTERDAY!
Seems that if i go from a reliever to the closer, it just goes blue screen with the Error code!!!!
Takes ages to play a Game and to have it just crash with an error code CE-34878-0 at the bottom of the 9th is ridiculous!
So disapointed .

Last edited by johnnydrum; 06-29-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:46 PM   #7
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Hot Garbage....
Played fine for 60 plus games after starting my Franchise 6th May.
Tried to start under a different save----got to the 9th inning, put my Closer in to finish , Game Crashed!!!!!
3rd tme in 24 hours.!!!!?? NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN UNTIL YESTERDAY!
Seems that if i go from a reliever to the closer, it just goes blue screen with the Error code!!!!
Takes ages to play a Game and to have it just crash with an error code CE-34878-0 at the bottom of the 9th is ridiculous!
So disapointed .
Make sure you file a bug report on the Show Forums. They do look at it and it may help. I will also pass the word along when I can. I am sure they will reach back out soon.

Sorry this is happening to you. I know how frustrating it can be.

Last edited by Bullit; 06-29-2022 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:07 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Make sure you file a bug report on the Show Forums. They do look at it and it may help. I will also pass the word along when I can. I am sure they will reach back out soon.

Sorry this is happening to you. I know how frustrating it can be.
Thank you. It's such a shame because I was loving the game. I have searched about the error code and although there's lots of reports and apparent fixes, they range from turning off at the plug (done that) to replacing the HD....
I don't think it's that severe as it only crashes after I put in a Reliever or Closer.
I am going to try and delete the update and reload my franchise, but it that dosnt work, then I am sadly at a loss

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »