Home

It happened again! 1.05 patch deleted weeks worth of work in Sounds of the Show!

This is a discussion on It happened again! 1.05 patch deleted weeks worth of work in Sounds of the Show! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2023, 07:41 AM   #1
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4
Angry It happened again! 1.05 patch deleted weeks worth of work in Sounds of the Show!

I downloaded the 1.05 update this morning and it must have not included the Sounds of The Show bug fix that was in patch 1.04 and it deleted EVERYTHING in Sounds Of The Show. Yet again this year. I lost a month's worth of work. I'm done with the game this year!

Last edited by wilb626; 05-12-2023 at 07:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2023, 07:53 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: It happened again! 1.05 patch deleted weeks worth of work in Sounds of the Show!

That would cause me to do the same thing, or at the very least not do the project again. I'm beyond sorry to hear that and fully understand your frustration.

At least when others say things like patches don't affect gameplay and it's all in your head, you have physical evidence of this one being a real, legitimate thing. They should really warn about stuff like this if they're aware that it happens.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-12-2023, 09:25 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: It happened again! 1.05 patch deleted weeks worth of work in Sounds of the Show!

I’m back to 22 and I’m ok with it. Although there are things like the bat sounds and user hitting which are great, I find this years game has been a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilb626
I downloaded the 1.05 update this morning and it must have not included the Sounds of The Show bug fix that was in patch 1.04 and it deleted EVERYTHING in Sounds Of The Show. Yet again this year. I lost a month's worth of work. I'm done with the game this year!

I know how you feel. I've been through this as well; three times last year, and maybe once or twice the season before (I think MLB 21 -- which was the first edition it became available for Xbox -- is when these issues first started). Each time, I lost a filled-to-the-max collection of songs with audio markers (i.e., ~2,000 songs), all attached to the appropriate players. As you know, it takes WEEKS to do all of this in between life stuff. Even if you wanted to just steamroll it out of the way in one go, it'd probably still take as much time as it would for about 7 of the 9 STAR WARS movies to be on another TV in the background while you're inputting SoTS data.

The point is, I get how grueling this is.

If it makes you feel any better, the 1.04 fix is still in tact. The music will stick to the players when you reattach their walkup/warmup sounds to them, even after you close the application. And all of the sounds that you've already uploaded should still be in your playlist editor. (At least all ~2,000 of mine are.) It's just that they are no longer marked as "CHANTS" or "YELLS" or "MUSIC CUES" (which means they no longer appear in your music editor until you mark them as "music cues" again, at which point, you can once again set the audio markers and finally attach the sounds to the players.

This may well happen one more time this year unless SDS is made aware of it (and if they care enough to fix it). I remember one time in particular last year, there was a patch update around the All-Star game, and the patch added two new songs to the jukebox. Well, the addition of new songs to the game apparently did something that necessitated resetting everyone's jukebox, and by addition, reset their SoTS. (And I knew that it had happened immediately when my game started, because random jukebox music started playing on the main menu -- and I ALWAYS have the jukebox songs deactivated for the menus.)

Ever since the 2nd time my SoTS were deleted, I've pretty much stuck to a rule of only editing the team I'm about to play for a series in my franchise as the season wears on. (I'm primarily a franchise player, so this means that I only have to worry about adding the sounds for a team every 3 or 4 games or so, and I don't feel pressured to do a large number of teams' sounds at once.)

Hopefully, someone at SDS hears about this and cares about getting it fixed. It's an extremely disappointing flaw in an otherwise great game, and I imagine that it's not hard to fix.

Good luck.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Also, the blue circle thingy still there on infielders/outfielders.
I guess I'll have to wait for MLB24 to get this simple bug fixed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2023, 12:11 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpinter
Also, the blue circle thingy still there on infielders/outfielders.
I guess I'll have to wait for MLB24 to get this simple bug fixed...
I dislike it to. My fear is it isn,t a bug, but that they have implemented a new design into the gameplay and works as intended.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-12-2023, 12:22 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

The last latch deleted all of my gameplay settings and reset my dynamic difficulty. Hopefully this patch doesn’t do that or I am out this year. I don’t want to have to recalibrate everything every time there is a patch
Old 05-12-2023, 02:08 PM   #8
MVP

It apparently also screwed up my custom uniforms in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »