Home

Fielding: Buttons, Button Accuracy or Pure Analog?

This is a discussion on Fielding: Buttons, Button Accuracy or Pure Analog? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

OVR: 0

Been trying to decide and go back and forth. I can’t get used to Button Accuracy and I feel like even if I did get good at it how is that realistic if you never make any errors? And then buttons mode basically takes control away but errors adds to realism. Haven’t tried pure analog. Also forgot to mention that I do not like how throwing out base stealers works. I hate how it pauses it just takes out realism. In real life the throw is immediate. I know it’s to add the meter throw but it looks odd

Last edited by BlueSkies77; 07-06-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Re: Fielding: Buttons, Button Accuracy or Pure Analog?

For me pure analog forget, I’m terrible with the sticks. Button accuracy I tried when it first came out and it was too easy even on hardest for me. No throwing errors at all. So I went back to buttons. I also like having ratings determine outcome, not me.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #3
MVP

Buttons, not unlike classic pitching, has some subtle depth that I’m not sure everyone knows is there.

I’m not sure if it matters how long you hold the button (if there’s an effect it’s kinda small), but *when* you press the button has noticeable, real-time effects on a given defensive play. Play around with the timing on your pre-load and you’ll see what I mean pretty quickly, I suspect.

I also find that throw-accuracy is tied fairly strongly to what you’ve got going on with the left stick while the ball is in your hand — you can pretty reliably aim your infield throws to go right where you want provided you have time and wit to do so.

Most of this was learned playing with errors on 10. I currently have errors on 9 and my fielding remains pretty clean.

Defense is tremendously entertaining in this game imo. Baseball is just kinda weird in that your opportunities to have “fun” on defense are extremely limited by the nature of the sport.

Anyway …. yeah I’ve been using buttons for ages and have always liked it.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #4
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Re: Fielding: Buttons, Button Accuracy or Pure Analog?

I play with button accuracy at the moment but also dont like how it seems like I never make any throwing errors.

I gave analog a try and liked it, but couldn't figure out how to throw to the cut odd man...which kept me from using it

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »