Home

Looks like Machida is getting his Title Shot!

This is a discussion on Looks like Machida is getting his Title Shot! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Looks like Machida is getting his Title Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I think Evans has a better chance of beating Machida than Rampage does, but I have a hard time visualizing him winning the fight either.
I can visualize it..."Lyoto Machicda has gotten into a car accident on the way to the arena and must automatically forefit tonights title match".

Evans might get a round if he can him take him down and actually gain control/stay on top.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I can visualize it..."Lyoto Machicda has gotten into a car accident on the way to the arena and must automatically forefit tonights title match".

Evans might get a round if he can him take him down and actually gain control/stay on top.
Has Machida ever been taken down?

I know he has some ridiculous "times hit/time in the octagon" ratio, but I don't recall them ever talking about his takedown stats.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #19
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Looks like it's official for UFC 98.. Machida vs. Evans

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2311041.ece
Old 03-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Looks like it's official for UFC 98.. Machida vs. Evans

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2311041.ece
I thought so. Smart move by Rampage. He wasnt 100% and the title shot can come in the late summer/fall.

I love that people think Machida is invincible and is going to walk through Evans. To be honest, Machida's most impressive win was 4 yrs ago against Penn in a K-1 fight. In the UFC he beat an overated Sokoudjou, an over the hill Tito and Thiago Silva whos most impressive win was against glass jawed Houston Alexander.

Dont get me wrong...anyone who wins 6 straight fights deserves a shot but lets stop acting as if he's proven that he cant be beat. Still people said the same thing when Evans faced Chuck and Forrest.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #21
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I thought so. Smart move by Rampage. He wasnt 100% and the title shot can come in the late summer/fall.

I love that people think Machida is invincible and is going to walk through Evans. To be honest, Machida's most impressive win was 4 yrs ago against Penn in a K-1 fight. In the UFC he beat an overated Sokoudjou, an over the hill Tito and Thiago Silva whos most impressive win was against glass jawed Houston Alexander.

Dont get me wrong...anyone who wins 6 straight fights deserves a shot but lets stop acting as if he's proven that he cant be beat. Still people said the same thing when Evans faced Chuck and Forrest.
Well it's the "cool thing" dynamic to talk up Machida. People like to feel good about themselves about following him throughout his career ala them knowing about a good band before they make it big.

Don't know if I'm making sense but that's what the Machida dynamic reminds me of right now. Like "what's hot in the streets" type thing.

It's going to be such an interesting match, truly 50/50 in my opinion. I wonder how Vegas will see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Well it's the "cool thing" dynamic to talk up Machida. People like to feel good about themselves about following him throughout his career ala them knowing about a good band before they make it big.

Don't know if I'm making sense but that's what the Machida dynamic reminds me of right now. Like "what's hot in the streets" type thing.

It's going to be such an interesting match, truly 50/50 in my opinion. I wonder how Vegas will see it.
I absolutely get what you are saying. I see it 50/50 too. Machida's chin hasnt been tested in the UFC and Evans is pretty fast too. Not as fast as Machida but damn fast. You have the Greg Jackson factor and his game plans for Machida.

I was laughing to myself when Lyoto beat Silva and everybody acted like he slayed a dragon. The win over Silva was impressive but come on. People were on here and other sites demanding that Machida leapfrog Rampage for the shot. With that said, I cant wait for the fight and I'm glad I wont have to root against Evans like I would have if he faced Rampage.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #23
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

up until very recently, it was cool to hate on him. People relentlessly calling him boring, and overrated. Now it's just undeniable that he is at the top of the ladder. So now people can't say he sucks anymore, all they can say is that they hate him. I personally have been pretty indifferent to him - and rashad for that matter. They have a similar gameplan for their fights.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #24
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Of course anyone can be beaten, but Machida has earned any hype that he gets now. He's definitely deserving of the title shot.

This is going to be a great fight. Both of them are very patient fighters. Lyoto isn't going to rush into mistakes and neither is Rashad. I can see this being a slow fight for a while, but no way this goes to decision. Someone is tasting their first KO loss. Rashad is my boy so I want him to win, but if he doesn't I won't be surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »