Home

ufc undisputed; some little extra tid bits

This is a discussion on ufc undisputed; some little extra tid bits within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ufc undisputed; some little extra tid bits

Good videos, they show a little more insight toward the in game fight progression.

I have to say though, some of the striking still seems somewhat arcade-like to me. There seem to be too many punches that land clean, jostle the head, but don't look too significant after that (especially bothersome in combos). However, there are some punches that don't seem to land too flush as well, so kudos on that.

Some of the submissions seem somewhat awkward as well. There is a sort of pause between initially going for the submission and locking in the submission (if you notice the Karo kamura). It would look better if there was an active struggle.

As a response to the discussion over in the Fight Night forum about the referee in ring, I noticed in these videos, during the ground game, that the ref sort of morphs in and out of action. Even just to look closely at the action. I think that could be a nice touch for the Fight Night ref. It seems as though the ref doesn't get in way, but he is present to officiate the in close action.

Can't wait till May 19!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
Good videos, they show a little more insight toward the in game fight progression.

I have to say though, some of the striking still seems somewhat arcade-like to me. There seem to be too many punches that land clean, jostle the head, but don't look too significant after that (especially bothersome in combos). However, there are some punches that don't seem to land too flush as well, so kudos on that.

Some of the submissions seem somewhat awkward as well. There is a sort of pause between initially going for the submission and locking in the submission (if you notice the Karo kamura). It would look better if there was an active struggle.

As a response to the discussion over in the Fight Night forum about the referee in ring, I noticed in these videos, during the ground game, that the ref sort of morphs in and out of action. Even just to look closely at the action. I think that could be a nice touch for the Fight Night ref. It seems as though the ref doesn't get in way, but he is present to officiate the in close action.

Can't wait till May 19!
I agree with everything you said. But apparently whilst playing those submission attempts are a bit of a struggle so that awkward inbetween moment is needed. It is a videogame afterall, and we need those little moments. The striking was displayed to show off those styles. If you look at all the vids, you can even see one where a punch misses and hits the opposing guy's hand and it moves! (not blocking but just in fighting stance) ...you have a point though about a lot of shots being clean, and that's because there's no bobbing and weaving. I made a suggestion on the website's forum about how they could make people with great defence bob and weave automatically while pressing a block button...since much of the striking is automated I think this would work well, you could slip a couple of punches here and there. If they make multiple editions, they might do something like that.

Anyway, I think little flaws stand out simply because the game looks so good - it's that effect where when things look almost real people get put off about it - it was in a game informer last year I'll post the name of it when I can find it. The best part is when people have played the game they have communicated that they all had a great time and can't wait to play more.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 23

Whats the best site to preorder games from so I can get it ASAP? Can't wait for this friggin game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Thanks for the info, lol at Tito Ortiz being in the game. I'll believe it when I see it, and LOL at Rich Franklin, dude looks like he ate a cow.
Check out the new vids from IGN you'll see Tito in the techniques one.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
Check out the new vids from IGN you'll see Tito in the techniques one.
which one man? People who I saw that weren't confirmed were karo, Matt Hughes, Anderson silva (confirmed, but no real vids or pics) and that's all I can think of at the moment, don't remember seeing tito though.

ps...the muay thai clinch looks effective...i'm debating using kickboxing/judo or muay/judo for my CAP.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
which one man? People who I saw that weren't confirmed were karo, Matt Hughes, Anderson silva (confirmed, but no real vids or pics) and that's all I can think of at the moment, don't remember seeing tito though.

ps...the muay thai clinch looks effective...i'm debating using kickboxing/judo or muay/judo for my CAP.
The techniques video and it's towards the end with Chuck.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
The techniques video and it's towards the end with Chuck.

He's right. Tito's in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #16
All Star

allBthere's Arena

the skin textures are amazing. At one point rampage gets underhooks on rashad and rashad is tired, sweating. You can seem him breathing and it almost looks photorealistic. A lot of games screw up black people's skin too, so I'm glad to see Yukes really got everyone looking good. Jardine's stomach moving to Ramp's bodyshot was so cool. Judo is going to be sick in this game too, kickboxing and judo will be my first dude. You can have the best ranged attack and if someone comes in close you just throw them down!

Another thing I noticed was the Thai plum, it looks like you can move your opponent laterally which is great, that's how you're taught in MT gym's. You kind of yank them to the side a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »