Home

UFC 2009: Undisputed - Gameplay 7 mins

This is a discussion on UFC 2009: Undisputed - Gameplay 7 mins within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: UFC 2009: Undisputed - Gameplay 7 mins

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
i understand your hate for it, and hope it's an option (doubt it). but I personally don't mind, because when you see ramp get knocked down early it didn't happen, but later knockdowns it happened. the difference is that it's a visual cue that the guy is really hurt and you might want to go all-out to finish him without worrying about depleting your stamina.

Without strong enough gameplay visual cues (stumbling for example) these effects serve a purpose for the gamer. I don't think it's great, but it doesn't get on my nerves either.
I would have rather, though, that they worked on a great stumbling system - and they really, really could have used Rogan to show that a fighter is really hurt. Rogan starts to scream in real life and get really excited when someone looks stunned - they easily could have put that in the game instead and really made the commentary shine that much more, while making the game that much more realistic.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I would have rather, though, that they worked on a great stumbling system - and they really, really could have used Rogan to show that a fighter is really hurt. Rogan starts to scream in real life and get really excited when someone looks stunned - they easily could have put that in the game instead and really made the commentary shine that much more, while making the game that much more realistic.
I agree completely. It's not like the stumbling would cause clipping or something since I've seen in videos punches hitting arms and different parts of the head etc...At least they'll have a couple of things to work on for the sequel
Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I absolutely HATE that when a fighter gets injured the screen goes B&W and the sound goes all muted... Really ****ing hate it. Takes me right out the game watching that. I want to feel like I'm watching a fight when I play - and I've never seen that happen during a fight.
The black and white didnt annoy me as much as the sound mute. I want to hear Mike and Joe screaming when I stun an opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The black and white didnt annoy me as much as the sound mute. I want to hear Mike and Joe screaming when I stun an opponent.
Yeah, the mute is kinda annoying.

I'd like to see someone play the game that actually understands the sport and the game controls. Rampage doesn't get mounted and then decide to stand up lol. A lot of questionable decisions by guys, especially after rocking someone.

Looks like it'll be fun though. I'm trying to temper my anticipation, not expecting the best game ever made (it's a first year game, to expect that is asking a bit much IMO). If it's fun and playable (which both appear to be true) then I'll be good to go.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Yeah, the mute is kinda annoying.

I'd like to see someone play the game that actually understands the sport and the game controls. Rampage doesn't get mounted and then decide to stand up lol. A lot of questionable decisions by guys, especially after rocking someone.

Looks like it'll be fun though. I'm trying to temper my anticipation, not expecting the best game ever made (it's a first year game, to expect that is asking a bit much IMO). If it's fun and playable (which both appear to be true) then I'll be good to go.
Exactly. I already have Mgo's Live username but I need the rest of you guys' usernames. I'm looking forward to fighting guys who understand the sport and fighters.

Also what system are you guys' getting the game for?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Exactly. I already have Mgo's Live username but I need the rest of you guys' usernames. I'm looking forward to fighting guys who understand the sport and fighters.

NYG Meth - 360

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

360 - Wizzykin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

Maybe I'm just jacked in the head, but I'm looking forward to trying a fight where I just use leg kicks to see how those end up hurting the guy...

I wonder if you can really take someone's legs out like we've seen in a few fights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »