Home

UFC 2009: Undisputed - Gameplay 7 mins

This is a discussion on UFC 2009: Undisputed - Gameplay 7 mins within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #17
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: UFC 2009: Undisputed - Gameplay 7 mins

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
The only MAJOR problem I've seen with the game is the size of the ref. He's way way bigger than any of the fighters, including brock lesnar - not sure how it ended up that way, but the ref is enormous.
I noticed this too...

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #18
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

It looked fine, but the muting was annoying and sedates the moment. The ground game looks fun and will interesting to use when I make Caol Uno and Kitaoka.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 22

Champ011 - Xbox 360
I agree with you guys who are saying that the user does not know how to use Rampage, but I think they are making those stupid decisions because they want to make the video as long as possible. We are all glad that he did. Also, I plan to play with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Anderson Silva. I will also play sort of a sim style. I wont just sprint toward my opponent and miss an uppercut as soon as the fight begins like he did in the video. When I play will Rampage, I will stay in my striking range and counter. I will look for opportunities to get a takedown or score will a powerful punch. When I hit the mat with him I prefer ground and pound over submission. When I play with Silva I will stay inside and throw some knees and elbows. Also go for takedowns and submissions.

Sorry for babbling I just cant wait for this game.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 29

Some of you people really have your gameplan setup in detail.

I'm going to wait for the game and see how it pans out. While it's fun to think about what we could do, I'm going to wait and see what we can do. The game might just have issues playing a certain way, so I don't want to get my hopes all set up for a particular style.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #21
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Some of you people really have your gameplan setup in detail.

I'm going to wait for the game and see how it pans out. While it's fun to think about what we could do, I'm going to wait and see what we can do. The game might just have issues playing a certain way, so I don't want to get my hopes all set up for a particular style.
while this is true, I think it's a safe bet to have certain striking strategies as far as range goes. For example my first CAF will be judo and kickboxing and for striking I'm going to try to stay in 'probing' range and if caught in the pocket w/ a boxer for example I'll try to close the gap and clinch.

Just a heads up - gamespot has another video interview posted w/ a more indepth look at the controls. We have so many seperate threads for this game, I just didn't want to start a new one for every little thing. One thing I got from it that was cool was the modifier button. While you're on the ground and you use that plus the right stick you do different transitions than just the right stick alone. I like the defending against positions too. You do it pressing the stick to the side, and if timed perfectly you can revers - but if someone were to concentrate on that - they'd be extremely vulnerable to getting the crap knocked out of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 18

I'm gonna pick Chris Leben and button button smash you all to death. I'll send you all back to Japan where the competition is weaker.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Im also worried that not many fights will go the distance, i dunno i just like when its possible to make it to the judges not just punch till someone drops in round 1.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
Im also worried that not many fights will go the distance, i dunno i just like when its possible to make it to the judges not just punch till someone drops in round 1.

Button mashing is the least of my worries because its MMA. If you want to throw nothing but bombs...ill bide my time and take you down to the ground. Its different than with Fight Night where the only way to stop the button mashers was to try to clinch and that was extremely difficult.

Because of takedowns and takedown defense, I think you will see a many decisions against the cpu and people who fight realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »