Home

UFC 101: Griffin vs. Anderson Silva!

This is a discussion on UFC 101: Griffin vs. Anderson Silva! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 101: Griffin vs. Anderson Silva!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Just thought I'd chime in here and say that Penn isn't a top 5 pound for pound. I think he showed that when he got his *** beat by GSP trying to move up weight.

Really? I have Fedor, GSP, Silva in my top 3. I think you could argue that Penn and maybe Evans should round that out. I cant think of anyone in the UFC or Strikeforce that should be higher than Penn.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Really? I have Fedor, GSP, Silva in my top 3. I think you could argue that Penn and maybe Evans should round that out. I cant think of anyone in the UFC or Strikeforce that should be higher than Penn.
I'd put Torres ahead of Penn... Evans maybe on the list, but I'd actually put Machida there instead. I guess that's something we'll see May though.

Penn seems to float around #5 on a lot of lists, but the guy got absolutely demolished by GSP. That, to me, really dropped him out of the top 5.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'd put Torres ahead of Penn... Evans maybe on the list, but I'd actually put Machida there instead. I guess that's something we'll see May though.

Penn seems to float around #5 on a lot of lists, but the guy got absolutely demolished by GSP. That, to me, really dropped him out of the top 5.
Cant see Machida there yet. He beat an overrated Soko, a over the hill and injured Ortiz and an overrated Thaigo Silva. He's a great fighter but he needs to beat Evans to be in the top 5 imo. I have trouble putting a WEC fighter in the top 5 but if I was going to put anyone in it it would be Torres.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

LOL, forrest is gonna get his *** handed to him on a silver platter.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #21
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'd put Torres in my top 5, that dude is an animal. I can't wait to see how he does at 145-155 in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #22
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

I think you guys are really underestimating Forrest. This isn't James Irvin we're talking about here.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #23
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I think most of respect that Griffin is a pretty good fighter. We just recognize that he's going to get his block knocked off. My prediction is he throws a lazy kick and Silva put the James Irvin on him.

I'll give it to Forrest though, he's given us some great fights and it's hard to root against him. 20 years from now people will still talk about him.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #24
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cant see Machida there yet. He beat an overrated Soko, a over the hill and injured Ortiz and an overrated Thaigo Silva. He's a great fighter but he needs to beat Evans to be in the top 5 imo. I have trouble putting a WEC fighter in the top 5 but if I was going to put anyone in it it would be Torres.
He also beat Penn and Rich Franklin. The only other 2 guys Franklin has lost to are Anderson and Hendo. Then there's the fact he's lost 1 round out of 34 and that was 5 years ago. Evans would've lost to Tito had Tito not lost that point as it was 28-28 all the way across wich of course means everyone scored it 29-28 for Tito. So I'd put Machida over Evans right now.

Forrest/Anderson should be intresting. Hoping it at least sparks Anderson again and he'll move up to 205 after taking on the winner of Bisping/Hendo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »