Home

Regarding submissions

This is a discussion on Regarding submissions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Regarding submissions

I wanted to make a thread about this, because trying to submit the CPU in the demo is easily the biggest complaint people have so far. I think it's important that we keep some perspective on this.

Chuck Liddell has fought 28 times. His fights have ended in a submission exactly one time, and that was 10 years ago.

Shogun's fights aren't much different. He's had 21 fights, and those fights have ended in a submission only three times.

Now, that's not to say that submissions won't be too hard against the CPU in the actual game. But we just can't know yet. It'd be like trying to judge the power running game in Madden only using Warrick Dunn and Reggie Bush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Regarding submissions

thats why i think they should have given us 4 fighters in the demo, each with a different strength so you could get used to the different styles instead of playing with these guys for a month & 1/2. I'm hoping its just that Chuck's submission defense is so good and Shogun's submission offense isnt as good for the reason why i cant land a submission.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

the only thing that i think MIGHT be lacking from the game is the "flash" submissions if you will.

They have the flash KOs where the 1st punch of the fight could always potentially knock you out, but to get submissions in the game u need to fatigue the fighter first significantly and then submit. I hope that a good sub fighter can submit his opponent in the early parts, but if not.....something to improve on next year for the game.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Just like any sports game. This is why sliders are so important.

But we also need to realize that the sub part of the game is very simple. In real life, getting that sub in takes tons and tons of energy and skill.

In the game it is as simple as clicking in the right stick from almost any position and it will attempt a sub. So i think the constant struggle to get one to tap might be the games way of showing how hard it is to get a sub locking in.

But we can only wait and see
Old 05-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

It sucks that I can't seem to get many subs but I'd rather it be too hard than too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
It sucks that I can't seem to get many subs but I'd rather it be too hard than too easy.
Exactly, if they made the subs easier not only would it be cheezed too death these same people would complain that the game is flawed and has no long term value because it's too easy to submit and would be making threads like "subs are too easy".
Old 05-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

That's what I thought at first too but looking at the stats Chuck's sub defense is only a 72 and Shogun's sub offense is 85. Chuck's offense is 49 and Rua's defense is 69 so you should have trouble as Chuck but not with Shogun.

I have actually pulled off a sub without the meter going all the way down but I started it while they were rocked. Also there's the chance they wear themselves out.

It's better than the old UFC games anyway where there was no stuggle and it was either a counter or you're screwed.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

well i just went and played the game on beginner again and wow does it become easy once you play on advanced and expert for so long. But still i could not land a submission with Shogun. The whole 1st round i just beat the crap out of Chuck standing and in the clinch, had the screen go black and white and him just laying there waiting for me to finisht the fight a few times but i didnt on purpose because i was going to try to get a submission. I spent basically the entire 2nd and 3rd rounds trying to land submissions and couldnt get any. I tried a submission from every possible spot you could (since its so easy to transition however you want on beginner) and no matter what i did i couldnt get a submission.

Like people said, im glad theyre hard but they shouldnt be THIS hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »