Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #2985
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #2986
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

Jason David Frank Says Duke Roufus is ‘Protecting’ CM Punk, Roufus Responds
Old 02-15-2018, 08:11 AM   #2987
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Will Brooks has been released and will now fight in the Professional Fighters League. What a decline he’s had, I remember when he first came to the UFC and he thought he would be LW champ easy hahaha. He was choked by Nik Lentz ffs, that is embarrassing.

I think if Michael Chandler came over to the UFC, he would have a similar run. Bellator fighters are overrated, they aren’t as good as the Strikeforce guys that came over.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #2988
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Will Brooks has been released and will now fight in the Professional Fighters League. What a decline he’s had, I remember when he first came to the UFC and he thought he would be LW champ easy hahaha. He was choked by Nik Lentz ffs, that is embarrassing.

I think if Michael Chandler came over to the UFC, he would have a similar run. Bellator fighters are overrated, they aren’t as good as the Strikeforce guys that came over.
Some are good, I swear!! Will Brooks is from same area as me, and has super positive social media presence.

Hope things work out for him.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #2989
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Some are good, I swear!! Will Brooks is from same area as me, and has super positive social media presence.

Hope things work out for him.
I think the Cowboy Oliveira fight was his downfall, he shouldn’t of accepted that fight. And then he had two fights he should of won. I hope it works out for him but I still can’t help but feel his UFC run was very underwhelming.

His hype was similar to Gaethje.. which is insane to think now.

It kind of works both ways though since the UFC fighters that have joined Bellator have pretty much sucked lol.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #2990
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

So it's looking like they're finally going to strip McGregor of the title. I don't think this is unexpected news to anyone. He seems in no hurry to fight again. I just hope that if he does step in the UFC cage again that it's against Khabib, Tony, or someone worthy of the challenge. I have no interest in hearing about Mayweather in a MMA fight or a rematch between them.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #2991
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

I think he will fight Mayweather and Khabib. Meltzer has said the UFC are in negotiations for 2 fights in 2018 and I think they are the fights.

Doubt he fights Tony because they both have the same manager. The Mayweather rematch in MMA is a no contest but WME need to repay their debt so its whatever. Least we get Tony-Khabib, an actual competitive fight for the LW belt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #2992
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I think he will fight Mayweather and Khabib. Meltzer has said the UFC are in negotiations for 2 fights in 2018 and I think they are the fights.

Doubt he fights Tony because they both have the same manager. The Mayweather rematch in MMA is a no contest but WME need to repay their debt so its whatever. Least we get Tony-Khabib, an actual competitive fight for the LW belt.
I know Mayweather loves getting paid, but I just have a hard time visualizing him ever stepping foot in an MMA cage. The dynamics of boxing allowed their matchup give the illusion of a competitive fight for a while, and it was somewhat entertaining, but Floyd would get absolutely destroyed in MMA. I don't know if his ego could take that, but I guess anything is possible these days.

If they do fight again, it would be a real waste of time and McGregor's skills. He's an elite MMA fighter and most of us want to see him competing against other high-level talents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »