Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #3673
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Appearently Jones will be facing Anthony Smith for the LHW title at UFC 235...

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/jon-jo...booked-ufc-235
A strange fight to book imo. Dont know if enough people know Smith to book him in a main event in Vegas at this point.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #3674
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A strange fight to book imo. Dont know if enough people know Smith to book him in a main event in Vegas at this point.
Well I guess they are saying enough ppl know Jones, so it can work. They'll just sell Smith as this big ko monster on the promos. Plus there's really not much guys for Jones to face honestly(Smith, Santos,Volkan, Reyes?)...Gus was the biggest fight. That's how shallow the LHW division has become and Jones has almost cleared it out. Maybe the arrival of Rockhold can make things more exciting, cuz honestly Anthony Smith is nothing more than a tune up fight for Jones imo.

Last edited by WarMMA; 01-06-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #3675
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Amazing how deep we used to look at LHW compared to now. Now it looks like the heavyweight division did until about 04-05ish.

Sent from my SM-T837P using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #3676
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Jones still isn't licensed. I'm hoping Nevada does the right thing, but the UFC has probably already taken care of them. They have in their rules that as a liability issue, you can't have any illegal substances in your body, no matter how they got there. At a minimum, they need to say Jones can't fight until he is clean and passes tests while cutting weight and "pulsing".

Then Jones will all of a sudden stop pulsing.

Side note- Jones now wants his win back against DC because he says he was just pulsing then now. Says it would be in his system for 7 years.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2019, 07:54 AM   #3677
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Amazing how deep we used to look at LHW compared to now. Now it looks like the heavyweight division did until about 04-05ish.

Sent from my SM-T837P using Operation Sports mobile app
To be fair there are plenty of people at LHW that Smith would likely lose to.

OSP, Reyes, Latifi, Anderson I’d favor.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #3678
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I forgot that this part of the forum has become an MMA echo chamber.
Quote:
No animosity at all here. Thats why I laughed after that statement.
Quote:
As I said before its become an echo chamber where people just agree with each other. Its not a discussion forum...its a circle jerk.
Aaron, within the boundries of the rules and policies of this board you can be such a dick sometimes.
I've done my best to breathe some fresh air into this MMA board: the tiny fight companion on discord, the MMA awards, live "tweeting" on this thread during fights, even that stupid punching bag duel. And all this time, I didn't know all i was doing was jerking off in a circle. Well then allow me to remove one part of that equation.

I know on these forums we're all supposed to strive to be these Sam Harris imitations who debate callously and dispassionate. But I have to say, you've actually managed to hurt my feelings.
oh ****, I said "feelings" online, maybe Tony Todd will appear and drag me down into hell. Either way, peace out guys, hopefully my absence will be what this board needs.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #3679
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Aaron, within the boundries of the rules and policies of this board you can be such a dick sometimes.
I've done my best to breathe some fresh air into this MMA board: the tiny fight companion on discord, the MMA awards, live "tweeting" on this thread during fights, even that stupid punching bag duel. And all this time, I didn't know all i was doing was jerking off in a circle. Well then allow me to remove one part of that equation.

I know on these forums we're all supposed to strive to be these Sam Harris imitations who debate callously and dispassionate. But I have to say, you've actually managed to hurt my feelings.
oh ****, I said "feelings" online, maybe Tony Todd will appear and drag me down into hell. Either way, peace out guys, hopefully my absence will be what this board needs.
I 100% agree that I can be a dick sometimes. I just dont agree I'm being one here. I stated my observation and subsequent posts kinda proved it accurate.

The Jones situation has SOOOOOO many levels to it. (Did he fail a test before the first DC fight and Nevada hid it?/Is he currently microdosing?/Whats the difference between his situation and Frank Mir?/Should a commission allow him to fight if he continues to test positive for minscule amounts of Turniabol? and much more.)

But the discussion here is typically (I'm exaggerating a little):

Poster 1: Jones is a drug cheat. **** that guy.
Poster 2: Well he's failed some tests but I'm not sure this one is a failure and....
Poster 1: I dont care. **** that guy! **** the corrupt UFC for allowing him to fight and paying off USADA so he could fight.

Now I get it. Thats the internet. This is the age we are in. Now if I agree with Poster 1, everyone here is happy. No one is learning anything. There is no nuance to the discussion but I'm not disagreeing so everyone is happy.

I'm not built that way. I'm not good at ignoring comments that I think are outright wrong or silly. That seems to be what Dave and you want. Thats fine but thats not what im gonna do.

What's weird to me is instead of saying "let me try to elevate the discussion a little", your response is to leave the board. I didnt call out anyone specifically with the circle jerk comment (I called your P4P post out directly because I thought it was silly). No one else took offense (other than Dave). I couldve been talking about Shiz in my initial post. His response was to ask why I thought the Jones/Hardy situations had alot of depth. What followed was a good conversation (excluding Dave's angry responses). Thats one way to respond.

The other is to either leave or respond angrily because in my opinion, this forum has become an echo chamber. If you want to bash the UFC (even unfairly), you will not find one person who will challenge you. If you respond even slightly taking it from another perspective, people will try to shout you down.

With that said, you shouldnt leave because of my posts. ****, I barely post in this forums so you can go back to post just like you always have.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #3680
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
To be fair there are plenty of people at LHW that Smith would likely lose to.

OSP, Reyes, Latifi, Anderson I’d favor.
I don't think I said anything different

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »