Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football Mod 19 for Madden NFL 19 PC Interview
What Trends Will Dominate Sports Games in 2019?
Voting Now Open for the 2018 Sports Game of the Year Awards!

Old 01-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #3681
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I 100% agree that I can be a dick sometimes. I just dont agree I'm being one here. I stated my observation and subsequent posts kinda proved it accurate.

The Jones situation has SOOOOOO many levels to it. (Did he fail a test before the first DC fight and Nevada hid it?/Is he currently microdosing?/Whats the difference between his situation and Frank Mir?/Should a commission allow him to fight if he continues to test positive for minscule amounts of Turniabol? and much more.)

But the discussion here is typically (I'm exaggerating a little):

Poster 1: Jones is a drug cheat. **** that guy.
Poster 2: Well he's failed some tests but I'm not sure this one is a failure and....
Poster 1: I dont care. **** that guy! **** the corrupt UFC for allowing him to fight and paying off USADA so he could fight.

Now I get it. Thats the internet. This is the age we are in. Now if I agree with Poster 1, everyone here is happy. No one is learning anything. There is no nuance to the discussion but I'm not disagreeing so everyone is happy.

I'm not built that way. I'm not good at ignoring comments that I think are outright wrong or silly. That seems to be what Dave and you want. Thats fine but thats not what im gonna do.

What's weird to me is instead of saying "let me try to elevate the discussion a little", your response is to leave the board. I didnt call out anyone specifically with the circle jerk comment (I called your P4P post out directly because I thought it was silly). No one else took offense (other than Dave). I couldve been talking about Shiz in my initial post. His response was to ask why I thought the Jones/Hardy situations had alot of depth. What followed was a good conversation (excluding Dave's angry responses). Thats one way to respond.

The other is to either leave or respond angrily because in my opinion, this forum has become an echo chamber. If you want to bash the UFC (even unfairly), you will not find one person who will challenge you. If you respond even slightly taking it from another perspective, people will try to shout you down.

With that said, you shouldnt leave because of my posts. ****, I barely post in this forums so you can go back to post just like you always have.
If you read the Jones v Gus thread, you would know that is not true.

I said, "No need to be mad about it.

If USADA were corrupt they wouldn't have caught Lance Armstrong.

Jon Jones is small league compared to him."
Old 01-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #3682
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't think I said anything different

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

I thought you were saying LHW lacks talent because of Smith getting the title shot.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:30 AM   #3683
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

As a WWE guy I figured I would give my thoughts on a potential Brock fight. I don't think the Rumble says anything about his status for a fight in UFC. Though it's highly likely that he wins at the Rumble. The bigger issue would be him getting injured in the UFC and he misses Mania. Vince would be furious if that happened. And I do think we get the fight but it will be in like May/June area. So there is no conflict with Brock's WWE schedule.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if we saw DC and Lesnar in a WWE ring together at some point even it's to just build this fight should it happen before Mania this year. He has been to a few WWE shows (including a Mania a number years ago and Ronda's debut last year) and FOX wants him to do commentary when WWE goes there in October.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #3684
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
As a WWE guy I figured I would give my thoughts on a potential Brock fight. I don't think the Rumble says anything about his status for a fight in UFC. Though it's highly likely that he wins at the Rumble. The bigger issue would be him getting injured in the UFC and he misses Mania. Vince would be furious if that happened. And I do think we get the fight but it will be in like May/June area. So there is no conflict with Brock's WWE schedule.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if we saw DC and Lesnar in a WWE ring together at some point even it's to just build this fight should it happen before Mania this year. He has been to a few WWE shows (including a Mania a number years ago and Ronda's debut last year) and FOX wants him to do commentary when WWE goes there in October.
I know it's not possible, but I have less than zero interest in a DC-Lesnar fight in an Octagon or WWE ring.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB1)
Lego DC Super Villains (Switch)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »