Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #3737
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: DC v Miocic 2; Lesnar retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala

DC will likely look for more TDs this time, bread and butter grind out to a decision. Miocic is more of the variable. He could come out hard looking for a finish or be more cautious and opportunistic like he was against Ngannou, etc. Either way, I predict the odds will be much closer for this. DC by DEC or Miocic by TKO are the most likely results for each imo. I think DC takes it again but have a much harder fight this time- the fight most expected from the first time. Idk about Lesnar, could be a gambit or negotiation tactic... but since they are seemingly moving ahead with DC v Miocic 2 idk.
Everything with Lesnar is a negotiation tactic. I really don't think he wants to put his body through training and another MMA fight. He may still want to get paid though so if WWE doesn't offer him enough, the UFC may give him a huge deal with ESPN wanting him on a card.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #3738
MVP

OVR: 0
Ferguson v Cerrone @ UFC 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Okamoto of ESPN

Brett Okamoto on Twitter

Breaking: UFC close to finalizing a bout between Tony Ferguson and Cowboy Cerrone for UFC 238 on June 8 in Chicago. https://t.co/weCcXApXjP

Brett Okamoto on Twitter

So, not only has Cowboy Cerrone accepted a fight against Tony Ferguson four weeks from now ... less than one week removed from a fight against Al Iaquinta ... I heard he inquired about making it five rounds. He feels like he's just warming up at five rounds. Mad. Man.

Damn did not think this fight would happen, let alone so SOON... Just next month. I really don't know what to expect from this line, other than it'd probably be close. Maybe Ferguson creates negative perception like Holloway did with his health problems and becomes the underdog. If it's still the same Ferguson (if not somehow even better), I would have him as a slight favorite.

Cerrone matches up well at the same time, precise strikes that can put Ferguson down and at this point maybe keep him down. Grappling is mostly neutral, but Ferguson probably had a slight edge. But in terms of striking Cerrone is a clear favorite. I think Ferguson pulls it off again tho, probably by decision- doubt he submits Cerrone he does others.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #3739
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Re: Ferguson v Cerrone @ UFC 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Damn did not think this fight would happen, let alone so SOON... Just next month. I really don't know what to expect from this line, other than it'd probably be close. Maybe Ferguson creates negative perception like Holloway did with his health problems and becomes the underdog. If it's still the same Ferguson (if not somehow even better), I would have him as a slight favorite.

Cerrone matches up well at the same time, precise strikes that can put Ferguson down and at this point maybe keep him down. Grappling is mostly neutral, but Ferguson probably had a slight edge. But in terms of striking Cerrone is a clear favorite. I think Ferguson pulls it off again tho, probably by decision- doubt he submits Cerrone he does others.
Does Ferguson have the edge grappling? Cerrone is the bigger, probably stronger fighter. That matters as Cerrone should be able to keep him down. Cerrone is also better off his back and Ferguson can attack but I think he only has 2 non-choke subs. Cerrone is much more rounded at least in the cage.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #3740
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Does Ferguson have the edge grappling? Cerrone is the bigger, probably stronger fighter. That matters as Cerrone should be able to keep him down. Cerrone is also better off his back and Ferguson can attack but I think he only has 2 non-choke subs. Cerrone is much more rounded at least in the cage.

I think Ferguson's more crafty, he doesn't look as clean grappling as Cerrone does tho. Cerrone is more efficient and dynamic grappler but Ferguson seems to be more effective, especially when he's hurt. To me the point is Cerrone has a significant advantage in striking but their grappling is more competitive. You're probably right that Cerrone is a better grappler overall. If the fight is 3 rounds Ferguson fares better, whereas 5 rounds could favor Cerrone. Ferguson has been more resourceful in the end despite being wild and inefficient. Cerrone generally does better the longer a fight goes. Ferguson is the same but also similar to fighters like Holloway and DJ where they can start strong but go even harder in the later rounds. He has been very hittable and gets dropped almost every fight, Cerrone can exploit that. Cerrone is doing better against pressure lately maybe due to the pressure of becoming a father, Ferguson tho is more adaptable and crazy. Mainly, Ferguson is better at overcoming adversity overall.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:39 PM   #3741
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Sage Northcutt was destroyed in his One FC debut. KO'ed in the first round 29 seconds in by a punch. That punch caused 8 fractures to Sage's skull and it took a 9 hour surgery to repair it.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/19/sage-...ockout-fight/#

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #3742
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sage Northcutt was destroyed in his One FC debut. KO'ed in the first round 29 seconds in by a punch. That punch caused 8 fractures to Sage's skull and it took a 9 hour surgery to repair it.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/19/sage-...ockout-fight/#

He was fighting a good fighter and probably the best fighter of his career. Dana ruined him. There was no reason to hype him so fast. It was fine to sign him, but he needed to fight nobodies or stay in the regional season.

I don't know if he really is a MMA fighter. He doesn't keep his hands up, just like here and never saw the punch coming. He fights like he can't be hit in the head like in Karate. He is still young enough to put it together, but I don't know if he can after all the hype.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #3743
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well yeah Cosmo Alexandre was definitely out of his league, even at the age of 37. Dude is a former multi time kickboxing and muay thai champion. To be fair, Sage fought nothing but nobodies in the UFC. His manager need to be fired. You can't jump from fighting nobodies to a seasoned multi champion in striking. That is a big leap. I guess they were banking the dude would be slow at the age of 37, NOPE.

Far as the hands down thing ? Yeah that come from cockiness and fighting nobodies your whole career. He learned that night that crap don't fly against high tier opponents. Sage got a life lesson that night. I hope it is the wake up call that he needs to take MMA more serious.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #3744
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Well yeah Cosmo Alexandre was definitely out of his league, even at the age of 37. Dude is a former multi time kickboxing and muay thai champion. To be fair, Sage fought nothing but nobodies in the UFC. His manager need to be fired. You can't jump from fighting nobodies to a seasoned multi champion in striking. That is a big leap. I guess they were banking the dude would be slow at the age of 37, NOPE.

Far as the hands down thing ? Yeah that come from cockiness and fighting nobodies your whole career. He learned that night that crap don't fly against high tier opponents. Sage got a life lesson that night. I hope it is the wake up call that he needs to take MMA more serious.
Hopefully it helps him, but I just don't see that killer inside him that a MMA fighter needs to have. It isn't point fighting or rolling on the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »