Home

Who should be the next 2 to be inducted into the Hall of Fame of UFC ?

This is a discussion on Who should be the next 2 to be inducted into the Hall of Fame of UFC ? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Icon5 Who should be the next 2 to be inducted into the Hall of Fame of UFC ?

Serious discussion here of who the next 2 people should be to get into the UFC Hall of Fame. Who do you think it should be ?

Tito Ortiz ? 15 - 6 in the UFC

Guy Mezger ? 4 -1 in the UFC

Bas Rutten ? undefeated in the UFC, person who made leg kicks and liver shots popular in MMA

Frank Shamrock ? undefeated in the UFC. However he hates Dana White LOL

Jens Pulver ? 6 -2 in the UFC

Pat Miletech ? 10 - 2 in the UFC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Who should be the next 2 to be inducted into the Hall of Fame of UFC ?

I think tito should be there,but with there relationship(dana) i dont see it happening.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

I'll frame this from the perspective of who should be inducted at UFC 100. That lessens the probability of some guys like Shamrock and Pulver that are still fighting.

First tier - Miletich and Ortiz - Both guys undoubtedly deserve it, but it's unclear when/if they'll get in because of their relationship with the UFC.

Second tier - Liddell and Hughes - Both guys will be locks when they stop fighting, but currently neither is retired. Both might be retired by the time UFC 100 rolls around, though.

Third tier - Bas and Jens - Bas is interesting because his UFC career is so short, but he should probably get in anyway. Jens could get in once he stops fighting.

Fourth tier - Frank Shamrock - He'll probably get in eventually, but probably not any time soon considering he's been fighting elsewhere and his rocky relationship with the UFC.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah Dana made a lot of the great fighters leave UFC and most would rather retire then fight for Dana again. Notably the following:

Bas Rutten
Frank Shamrock
Josh Burnett
Kevin Randleman
Robbie Lawler
Ricardo Arona
Andrei Arloski
Pedro Rizzo
Vitor Belfort
Old 05-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #5
MVP

Yeah, some of that's personality conflicts, but I think some of that is also the fact that Dana never lost sight of the UFC brand is more important than any individual fighter. So a guy like Arlovki, who put on some good fights and was a well-liked champion, you can understand how he'd put his value higher than what Dana did, because Dana knew that the UFC would easily go on without him.

Dana's always been a ruthless businessman, and that's mostly served the UFC well. He might have to change his ways a bit if a viable contender ever emerges in the States, though. But with how well Dana runs the UFC, it's gonna be very hard for the UFC to really get some serious competition here any time soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Banned

xCROWDWARx's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I'll frame this from the perspective of who should be inducted at UFC 100. That lessens the probability of some guys like Shamrock and Pulver that are still fighting.

First tier - Miletich and Ortiz - Both guys undoubtedly deserve it, but it's unclear when/if they'll get in because of their relationship with the UFC.

Second tier - Liddell and Hughes - Both guys will be locks when they stop fighting, but currently neither is retired. Both might be retired by the time UFC 100 rolls around, though.

Third tier - Bas and Jens - Bas is interesting because his UFC career is so short, but he should probably get in anyway. Jens could get in once he stops fighting.

Fourth tier - Frank Shamrock - He'll probably get in eventually, but probably not any time soon considering he's been fighting elsewhere and his rocky relationship with the UFC.
lidell retired officially a few days ago.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCROWDWARx
lidell retired officially a few days ago.
Source? I haven't seen anything from Chuck regarding this.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I think it will definately be Hughes and Liddel. There is no retirement rule, when they announced Colemen in the hall, was same time they announced his fight. Both these are loyal UFC guys and the end of their carrers. Dana is trying to force Chuck into retirement, I don't think he wants to retire and I know him and Hackelmen don't want retirement. I am sure there has been no offical announcement from Chuck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »