Home

One thing that worries me about the game

This is a discussion on One thing that worries me about the game within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 23
One thing that worries me about the game

Is that a lot of the fighters will feel the same. Hughes, Sherk, Lesnar, etc....may all be exactly the same fighter. Will fighting with a guy like Swick be exactly the same as fighting with Shogun? I'm starting to feel like this will be a problem. But I guess time will tell.

I only say this after watching the Gamespot tourny. The fighters didn't fight too different then Chuck and Shogun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: One thing that worries me about the game

Yeah, Ive thought alot about this myself, and I really dont see everyone being to different until they start motion capturing each individual fighter, which wont be happening any time soon. I still think the game will be fun with friends, and I cant wait for the CAF, but I think it will get repetitve.

Another thing Im worried about is what will happen to online play once everyone starts using the same fighters in each weight class?

Only time will tell my friend.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

I dont think it will really be an issue for me.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

CPU AI logic will all make them different. People may have the same backgrounds but they all prefer doing certain things.

Swick prefers boxing, only goes for subs every once in a while.

Shogun is more of a muay thai guy, he throws kicks and clinches with the knees. But above all his logic is to take it to the ground when he don't have a striking advantage.

Lesnar is strictly a ground and pound guy. He will rarely stand and bang.

Dan Henderson loves ground and pound as well. However he loves dirty boxing too. So therefore he prefers stand up.

Sherk is a ground and pound guy, but also loves to stand and bang.

Matt Hughes is a ground guy, who loves to submit people with the kimura or rear naked choke.

So you see, fighters will be different because their way of thinking is different.

As far as online goes, you can say that about all the sports games. Everytime I play MLB The Show online all I see is the Yankees, Red Sox. With NBA 2K9 all I see is Cavs, Celtics, Lakers.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
CPU AI logic will all make them different. People may have the same backgrounds but they all prefer doing certain things.

Swick prefers boxing, only goes for subs every once in a while.

Shogun is more of a muay thai guy, he throws kicks and clinches with the knees. But above all his logic is to take it to the ground when he don't have a striking advantage.

Lesnar is strictly a ground and pound guy. He will rarely stand and bang.

Dan Henderson loves ground and pound as well. However he loves dirty boxing too. So therefore he prefers stand up.

Sherk is a ground and pound guy, but also loves to stand and bang.

Matt Hughes is a ground guy, who loves to submit people with the kimura or rear naked choke.

So you see, fighters will be different because their way of thinking is different.

As far as online goes, you can say that about all the sports games. Everytime I play MLB The Show online all I see is the Yankees, Red Sox. With NBA 2K9 all I see is Cavs, Celtics, Lakers.
I hope you are right about the fighters, but that is all speculation at this point. You've just pointed out their real life styles, but it doesn't mean that it will be apparent in the game. From the DEMO, it is very evident that Shogun and Liddell fight completely differently, so you could be right, and I'm hoping you are.

But, we're all still in the dark about this issue really....

we will find out in 10 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Man waiting for this game to drop feels like Christmas as a little kid, counting down the days LOL. I don't think I ever done that before for a videogame.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

And when playing on expert I notice different styles from the same fighter. Sometimes when I fight chuck he uses more kicks, other times he drops superman punches again and again. The only I don't like about expert is how Rua goes for take downs over and over and over and over.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

I noticed that too. So I think the higher the difficulty setting, the more they will rely on their strength and actual CPU AI. The Rua thing don't upset me, I enjoy it actually. Considering he is a BJJ guy, he should be going for a lot of take downs.

I can imagine playing againg Karo, he going for judo throw after judo throw LOL. Or Anderson Silva doing the clinch constantly.

Rather have them doing that, then seeing them do something out of character. Like seeing Brock going for leg locks and throwing knees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »