Home

Hopefully worth the wait

This is a discussion on Hopefully worth the wait within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hopefully worth the wait

It seems like this game would never come. I remember when they first announced they were going to have a UFC game it would be released in November 08 or something like that. Since then the release date has been moved around several times but from what I hear so far it sounds like it is worth the wait. I was mad at first because the release date kept being pushed later and later but in the long run it might be a good thing. I applaud the UFC/THQ for wanting to perfect this game and not release a half *** version because they ran out of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Hopefully worth the wait

I've been following this game since November of 2007. But the wait isn't painful anymore since I have the demo and know it's very soon. That target render way back then blew me away. good times.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Wow. I've only had this game on my radar for a week and a half since I first played the demo. From what I've played though, it seems like this will be a quality game and THQ is to be commended. The demo alone has drawn me into the world of UFC/MMA and has me watching alot of old fights and trying to learn the ins and outs of the sport. Hell, I'm even thinking of taking a jiu-jitsu class now. And thats just from the demo. I'm sure the game won't disappoint. I'm thinking it gets scores in the 8.5-9.0 range from most sites.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

based on the fact that I'd be 100% content if the demo was online enabled, I can say that the full game will be well worth the wait to me.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor62085
It seems like this game would never come. I remember when they first announced they were going to have a UFC game it would be released in November 08 or something like that. Since then the release date has been moved around several times but from what I hear so far it sounds like it is worth the wait. I was mad at first because the release date kept being pushed later and later but in the long run it might be a good thing. I applaud the UFC/THQ for wanting to perfect this game and not release a half *** version because they ran out of time.
Well considering the first release date was 4th quarter 07 and we arent getting the game until mid 09 I think its safe to say the game has not been rushed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
Banned

wilsfaber's Arena

OVR: 1

judging from the demo, there isn't anything that would really disappoint me in any major way about this game. one more week...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »