Home

New UFC Undisputed preview

This is a discussion on New UFC Undisputed preview within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
New UFC Undisputed preview

http://www.atomicgamer.com/article.php?id=785
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: New UFC Undisputed preview

Quote:
Finally, there's the online play. THQ didn't really go full-out this time, as the online play is there and functional but rather barebones. You can fight people online, but there aren't any super-advanced modes, funky rules to mess with, replays to save and watch, or ability to spectate other players' fights. Hopefully at least some of this is considered for the future, but for now you can expect a solid online mode that lets you fight people.. and that's pretty much it. It remains to be seen what THQ has done to discourage those who disconnect in mid-fight in order to avoid a loss. I know what I'd do - record disconnections for each player and allow others to bail out of any fight, without penalty, before it starts if the disconnection percentage is too high, but I couldn't get any THQ reps to actually tell me that that's what the game does (even if they agree that it's probably the best way that's been implemented yet in the current console generation). So for me, that issue is still up in the air.

One thing I want to mention is that the game does have instant flash KOs, and these can happen at almost any time. They're not random; it's not like some back-stepping jab is going to send a dude with a good chin crying for his momma, but they do happen here and there with a good solid hit. It happens more often when someone is getting punched mercilessly while victim of a mount, and even if their health is good, raining down hammer fists makes it just a matter of time. But I've seen fights end in only a few seconds, and these instant fight-enders are probably going to be a source of huge frustration in multiplayer action. While no two fights seem to ever end the same in UFC 2009, it's not much consolation when you're carefully wearing a guy down, outsmarting him, and suddenly crash to the mat after receiving a single, lucky counter-punch. But anyone who watches the UFC with any regularity knows that this happens pretty often; it just remains to be seen how much it sucks to fall victim to it in online play.
No spectator mode.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

All of us with capture cards will be in high demand then haha.. I plan to record all my fights for the league and as many others as I can, since the potential for something awesome is there in every fight.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Heck yeah! This game is heading in an awesome direction, def going to be up there for game of the year! I want to know if you create a fighter, will he appear into the career mode as an opponent?
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 05-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
All of us with capture cards will be in high demand then haha.. I plan to record all my fights for the league and as many others as I can, since the potential for something awesome is there in every fight.
Same here bro. Just installed XP on my Mac because capture cards for Mac are so damn expensive!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »