Home

Dana White on E:60 tonight

This is a discussion on Dana White on E:60 tonight within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Dana White on E:60 tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
Damn man you are always on point!Great stuff The second point especially, funny how fighters beating on each other is okay but some foul language oh no.What a society.

Tito's a clown and people won't agree with this but BJ Penn is another million excuse for every loss *******.
Let me preface what Im about to say by pointing out that Im a HUGE BJ Penn fan, with that being said, I never really linked him to making endless excuses after a loss like Tito always did and then the rematch with GSP happened and I really have to admit that I just couldnt take it anymore. When Penn claimed he had a broken rib after his fight with either Hughes or GSP I bought it because there seemed to be enough evidence to back up his claims but this garbage about the GSP rematch was just a joke. Now Im still a Penn fan and that wont change but that crap with GSP really turned me off temporarily.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
And securing the contracts of Anderson Silva, Rampage and Dan Henderson really helped cement UFC. Because trust me, if those 3 fighters got signed to Affliction or EliteXC, then UFC wouldn't be in the position to even be coming out with a video game.
The Henderson/Silva PPV had one of the lowest buy rates in the last few years.

It's certainly great to have them in the UFC, but to so strongly like the UFC's success to those guys is a bit much. The UFC brand itself is very, very strong.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #11
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

The Chef, what I'm just saying that profanity-laced rants from a sport's spokeman isn't exactly a good look of any professional sport. All it does is paint a bad image for those on the outside looking in and gives ammo to the detractors.

So I finally watched the E:60 bit with Dana. I'd say it's captures Dana perfectly - a very successful everyman with polarizing personality and a pension for swear words. It's very easy to see why fans love him and it's also every easy to see why fans hate him so much. Nothing new.

LMAO @ Tito saying "the best WORLD IN THE MEN". What an airhead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They hate him because personally he will treat fighters like crap and can kind of heartless at times. Business wise however....that way of thinking made UFC the way it is.

Sure he ran off about a dozen top notch fighters from 2001 to 2005. However through TUF series, they have replenished their ranks within the past 2 years.

And securing the contracts of Anderson Silva, Rampage and Dan Henderson really helped cement UFC. Because trust me, if those 3 fighters got signed to Affliction or EliteXC, then UFC wouldn't be in the position to even be coming out with a video game.

I mean look at Anderson Silva, he single handly brought the middleweight division back from the dead. Not saying Franklin reign wasn't good, but he didn't have that " I really want to watch him fight" appeal to him.

Rampage brought swagger into UFC. And him KO'ng Lidell really made the world and ESPN say woooooo, I think I need to check out this new UFC. And Dan Henderson brought that switch hitter role. He can fight good in 2 divisions. So when one is slacking, he can fight there to help stablize it.

Dana treats a handful of fighters like crap. Ask Rampage, Quarry, Franklin, etc.....if he treats them like crap. Rampage always mentions Dana in his interviews and always talks about what a great guy he is. Obviously Dana has his favorites and his least favorites, but its obvious to see that if you don't cross him, he'll treat you good. Nothing wrong with that philosophy.

And I really don't think Rampage, Anderson and Hendo revived the UFC. Rampage was in the WFA before he signed with the UFC and he wasn't drawing any attention to that org. Hendo could go to Affliction right now and it wouldn't affect the UFC at all. Yeah, he's one of the best fighters in the world, but he has no charisma. Anderson wouldn't have the hype around him if he went on this run outside of the UFC.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Here it is for those who missed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »