Home

Dana White on E:60 tonight

This is a discussion on Dana White on E:60 tonight within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 23
Dana White on E:60 tonight

Did anyone else see it? Nothing really new, but I thought it was pretty cool that they put him on their season finale and constantly promoted him in their commercials. Just another sign of how big the UFC is going to grow in the near future.

I don't mind Dana's personality at all. The guy is obviously great at what he does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Dana White on E:60 tonight

This part about Ortiz was really interesting.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=415...goryid=3060647
Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
Did anyone else see it? Nothing really new, but I thought it was pretty cool that they put him on their season finale and constantly promoted him in their commercials. Just another sign of how big the UFC is going to grow in the near future.

I don't mind Dana's personality at all. The guy is obviously great at what he does.
Agreed. I don't get why many hate this guy. MMA clearly wouldn't be what it is without him.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They hate him because personally he will treat fighters like crap and can kind of heartless at times. Business wise however....that way of thinking made UFC the way it is.

Sure he ran off about a dozen top notch fighters from 2001 to 2005. However through TUF series, they have replenished their ranks within the past 2 years.

And securing the contracts of Anderson Silva, Rampage and Dan Henderson really helped cement UFC. Because trust me, if those 3 fighters got signed to Affliction or EliteXC, then UFC wouldn't be in the position to even be coming out with a video game.

I mean look at Anderson Silva, he single handly brought the middleweight division back from the dead. Not saying Franklin reign wasn't good, but he didn't have that " I really want to watch him fight" appeal to him.

Rampage brought swagger into UFC. And him KO'ng Lidell really made the world and ESPN say woooooo, I think I need to check out this new UFC. And Dan Henderson brought that switch hitter role. He can fight good in 2 divisions. So when one is slacking, he can fight there to help stablize it.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Agreed. I don't get why many hate this guy. MMA clearly wouldn't be what it is without him.
Because he often acts like a dick like in the media, tries to influence journalists to be very pro-UFC in terms of coverage and throws a fit and goes after people (even going as far to call one journalist a "fagg*t") whenever they don't say not so nice things about the UFC....?

To clarify your statement, MMA in America wouldn't be what it is without him. It still thrives in Japan and Brazil.

Dana is a beast at what he does, but for as much as he does for the sport I do think that his demeanor turns off some people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 AM   #6

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They hate him because personally he will treat fighters like crap and can kind of heartless at times. Business wise however....that way of thinking made UFC the way it is.

Sure he ran off about a dozen top notch fighters from 2001 to 2005. However through TUF series, they have replenished their ranks within the past 2 years.

And securing the contracts of Anderson Silva, Rampage and Dan Henderson really helped cement UFC. Because trust me, if those 3 fighters got signed to Affliction or EliteXC, then UFC wouldn't be in the position to even be coming out with a video game.

I mean look at Anderson Silva, he single handly brought the middleweight division back from the dead. Not saying Franklin reign wasn't good, but he didn't have that " I really want to watch him fight" appeal to him.

Rampage brought swagger into UFC. And him KO'ng Lidell really made the world and ESPN say woooooo, I think I need to check out this new UFC. And Dan Henderson brought that switch hitter role. He can fight good in 2 divisions. So when one is slacking, he can fight there to help stablize it.
That post is a little ridiculous. Who were the dozen fighters that Dana ran away between 2001-2005? You actually mentioned EliteXc? Are you ****ing kidding me? Face it, those guys came to the UFC because it provided for the best fights with the most stable paycheck, those guys arent going to go to some upstart and hope they dont go out of business tomorrow when they can go fight in the biggest MMA organization while bringing in a steady paycheck while having other revenue making doors open like endorsements and what not. How does Dana treat his fighters like ****? You talk like you got some inside scoop when you clearly dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Because he often acts like a dick like in the media, tries to influence journalists to be very pro-UFC in terms of coverage and throws a fit and goes after people (even going as far to call one journalist a "fagg*t") whenever they don't say not so nice things about the UFC....?

To clarify your statement, MMA in America wouldn't be what it is without him. It still thrives in Japan and Brazil.

Dana is a beast at what he does, but for as much as he does for the sport I do think that his demeanor turns off some people.
I dont buy that **** for a second. So your telling me that a guy wants to watch two guys beat the crap out of each other but gets offended because the owner curses a lot? I just dont see it, hell, its not like the owner is out there on every news station doing this anyways as you almost have to search to find his rants and if your searching for them knowing your going to be offended by his language then I argue that you arent even interested in MMA anyways and are more interested in scandals and should stick to those gossip magazines sold at the checkout counters.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 AM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This part about Ortiz was really interesting.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=415...goryid=3060647
Whats funny is I would believe everything Dana said about the whole surgery incident. Thinking back to when Tito was fighting he did have an excuse all the time when he would lose and it was always an injury he had suffered while training that never came out of course until he had lost. If what Dana said is true then Tito screwed himself by saying he got hurt prior to the fight and Dana isnt going to pay out of his own pocket.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
That post is a little ridiculous. Who were the dozen fighters that Dana ran away between 2001-2005? You actually mentioned EliteXc? Are you ****ing kidding me? Face it, those guys came to the UFC because it provided for the best fights with the most stable paycheck, those guys arent going to go to some upstart and hope they dont go out of business tomorrow when they can go fight in the biggest MMA organization while bringing in a steady paycheck while having other revenue making doors open like endorsements and what not. How does Dana treat his fighters like ****? You talk like you got some inside scoop when you clearly dont.

I dont buy that **** for a second. So your telling me that a guy wants to watch two guys beat the crap out of each other but gets offended because the owner curses a lot? I just dont see it, hell, its not like the owner is out there on every news station doing this anyways as you almost have to search to find his rants and if your searching for them knowing your going to be offended by his language then I argue that you arent even interested in MMA anyways and are more interested in scandals and should stick to those gossip magazines sold at the checkout counters.

Damn man you are always on point!Great stuff The second point especially, funny how fighters beating on each other is okay but some foul language oh no.What a society.

Tito's a clown and people won't agree with this but BJ Penn is another million excuse for every loss *******.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »