Home

Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

This is a discussion on Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #593
Rookie

MrMayface's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP
I played the demo on both consoles. I found no reason to choose one over the other. I chose PS3 because I'm slowly converting my library to PS3. I have had fewer problems with the PS3, and online is free. I do think more OSers are on 360, but I don't play a lot online anyway. I don't think there is much, if any difference. I know you don't care about the controller layout, but I do think the 360's layout is better for this game.

There are 80 fighters plus 2 if you get the GameStop code. Also three TapouT guys are unlockable.
Good explanation LP! That pretty much why I went with the PS3 version. The free online is a big plus for me, because I don't play online all that much. I really just waste money paying for XBL.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #594
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur3asi3
Wow i just got my 1st draw with Cheick Kongo vs Semmy Schilt the scoring was 28-28 28-27(me) 28-28. Great fight

Kongo was absolutely murdering me with knees to the body from the clinch and even rocked me and knocked me down with them in the 2nd round while i was primarily using step kicks, spinning back kicks, and horizontal elbows from the guard.

In the rematch i won a unanimous decision 30-26 30-25 30-26
I had a draw like that the other night against a dude online. It was 29-28 (me)/28-28/28-28. The dude sent me a message afterward and added me to his list. It's nice to run across good ranked fighters every now and then.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #595
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Being patient on the ground makes a world of a difference. Now when I get a guy down, I try and keep him there by throwing punches, then resting, then transition. Doing this instead of constantly going for transitions is the Key !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #596
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

It seems like after Machida's win ALL I see is him online. It's like damn I know he won but there is OTHER fighters on the game.

I got back online today and my first three fights where against Machida all ended with me winning by GNP. I took Rampage and destroyed those chumps. Went 8-0 without any fight being close. The only one that was close the damn dude quit in the third when I rocked him and mounted for the finish lol.

Overall I think I fout Machida in four of those 8 and that not including the guy who quit that had Machida as well. Knocked him out 3 times and choked him out the other time. What a way to start the mourning!!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #597
Banned

OVR: 5

i agree with all the comments people have posted. i am a little new to mma fighting so foregive me if my points are invalid.

Ring entrances. everytime i watch a fight its the ring entrance that gets me excited. plus the use of sponsored t shirts and hats , before and after the fight.
Cage use should be a major thing addressed in next years game.

Submissions should be diffrent than buttons or shining. they should be able to be pulled off quickly and more realisticly than the one hour submissions in this game. they shouldnt be based on stamina soo musch,but timing and ratings.

Player custimization- it seems as though each fighter are some what the same. punches , slams, and kicks are all some what generic. the exception is the player specific moves. bobbing and weaving should be implemented as well. fighter stances and movements. ex. rashad evans always moving and bouncing.
fighting styles- there needs to be many more such as karate, tae kwon doe, original jiu jitsu, hapkido, sambo, kung fu , wing tsu,. etc

There should be more than one type of each fighting style, ex. muay tai 1, 2, or 3.so all muay tai fighters arent just diffrent rated people, but have the same movements.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #598
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree with the above poster, those are all excellent points for the next game.

After playing like 100 online matches, i can see my interest starting to wane just a bit, as most of the guys fight pretty similiar as long as there styles are the same.

That said they laid out a fantastic base for a game that if developed well, could really turn into something special.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #599
Banned

OVR: 5

A nice addition for next year would be the ability to have more than one striking and grappling styles or they need to get everyones signature moves down pack. because i know lyoto uses karate and thats not on the game, but he is also good at other striking techniques such as muay tai.
gsp is pretty mush good at everything,but it is hard to show that when you can only choose one strike and one grapple for each fighter.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #600

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Anyone ever have the fans and background music completely cut out? I was in the middle of a match with Mark Coleman and I knocked him down and was standing over him and delivering blows, the ref came over and stopped it but I was able to throw 2 more bombs anyways but when doing it I noticed the crowd completely cut out. When I went back to my career menu area the music was gone as well, any ideas as to whats causing it or how to fix it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »