Home

Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

This is a discussion on Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #673
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ufc-2009/22433

I mean in the E3 vid it actually looked like the fighters each had there specific fighting nuances and personalities.
Graphically, that 2 year old demo looks like Fight Night Round 4 (yes, FNR4 is that good). It's almost like a sneak peek into EA's upcoming MMA game.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #674
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Well, this games 15 mins of fame may be over for me.....Im on the edge of trading this in....

Offline is unplayable even on EXPERT....The Cpu has no stragtegy they use the same logic as SVR series and we know how tge AI act in that game....I mean the AI is worst than some online fighters, they will continue to flop like a fish and tire themself out for a EASY sub or KO once you get tgem on the ground.....Career mode is like a demo....

Online is better after the patch but this game is not deep as people make it out to be....there is no balance...you cant avoid punches, its block low or high...then if you do get hit, you are frozen for a couple seconds...dont get me started on the clinch game........

In all honesty, this is nothing like actually MMA...

But its a pretty good fighting game compared to any other sports related fighting game....

Here to a more balance game next
Old 08-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #675
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Well, this games 15 mins of fame may be over for me.....Im on the edge of trading this in....

Offline is unplayable even on EXPERT....The Cpu has no stragtegy they use the same logic as SVR series and we know how tge AI act in that game....I mean the AI is worst than some online fighters, they will continue to flop like a fish and tire themself out for a EASY sub or KO once you get tgem on the ground.....Career mode is like a demo....

Online is better after the patch but this game is not deep as people make it out to be....there is no balance...you cant avoid punches, its block low or high...then if you do get hit, you are frozen for a couple seconds...dont get me started on the clinch game........

But its a pretty good fighting game compared to any other sports related fighting game....

This game has layed a foundation for good stuff to come in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #676
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Is this game better then Fight Night?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 08-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #677
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
It's just different; totally different sport. Personally I think it's better because boxing bores me; but I'm sure for someone who really likes boxing then FN RD 4 probably suites them better.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:32 AM   #678
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman

Agreed 100%. I was very high on this game for a while. Online I played last night and got stuck once again in the super close rapid punch that just drains me. When he wasn't doing that he was running away, then running towards me and punching, then running away again.

I hate playing people online in almost any game but just wanted to try it out. If there is a way to cheat or take advantage, no matter what game, people will do it.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #679
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
in my opinion it's way better. I like both sports in real life about equally. UFC feels like you're trying to hurt your oponent and FN has pitter patter unless it's the ...wait for it...counter window!

the "counter window" is this year's 'parry' ...it's no different and it's stupid.

I don't get why people are so high on FN4 - I own both games and see nothing better about it gameplay wise. The AI in FN seems like there are 2 or 3 'personalities' and while UFC certainly doesn't get every one of the 82 fighters right, there are more than 2 or 3 AI modes.

The absolute best stuff in FN4 is outside the ring and i'm talking about boxer-share which is brilliant.

I feel like FN's marketing translated to great reviews -
but their first campaign 'one clean punch'...is completely untrue it's a joke. but I feel like reviewers noted the elements the producers mentioned and when they confirmed they were in the game; gave it points or something. oh we have an inside game - check, oh we have muscles flexing - check ...but too bad it simply isn't boxing!?!?

that's one thing I love about the UFC game is they don't try too hard to get you to notice things..like the counters - they hurt more, you can knock someone down, or right out - out of nowhere just like in real life because they don't force one player to 'miss' and give you time to hit them unanswered. You just hit them at the right time and things fall into place. No one is forcing a 'game mechanic' down your throat.

Don't even get me started on the animations - if you want crisp and hard, don't look at FN.

Anyway I've made it clear in other threads how I think FN is getting undue praise, and how amazed I am at THQ's first effort. I literally played the demo hundreds of times and I'm on my 6th career w/ the full game. I just don't think FN4 is anything special where it counts which is in the ring (online or off)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »