Home

Career Mode Rating

This is a discussion on Career Mode Rating within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Career Mode Rating

On a scale from 1-10, how do you rate the career mode in Ufc Undisputed? And why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Career Mode Rating

Only 9 fights in (7-2) but i would give it a solid 8 so far.

I like that the difficulty is a bit tougher and the fact they included generic fighters in career is great. The downtime between fights feels like a chore...at first....but soon proves to be a great strategic element to molding your fighter and managing fatigue. The CAF models actually look VERY good compared to other CAF modes (FN).

Sponsors, training, cred etc.....Whats not to like?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

An 8 is about right. I love the sparring and the camp invites. I just wish there was something for the attributes. A little mini-game involving lifting weights would work perfect for training strength. It just feels kind of weird to actually earn the fighting skills and the technique levels, but then just level up your attributes by selecting a menu option.

Beyond that, they just need to flesh it out a bit more. More customization, entrances, maybe some cutscenes (like when you go to a Fight Night, it'd be awesome to get a little cutscene showing your guy in the crowd, especially if he was actually in street clothes).

But that stuff's easy. They just need more time. The core of the game is very good.

Edit: Oh, and they need a more convenient way to change the sponsors on your trunks. Holy hell.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
An 8 is about right. I love the sparring and the camp invites. I just wish there was something for the attributes. A little mini-game involving lifting weights would work perfect for training strength. It just feels kind of weird to actually earn the fighting skills and the technique levels, but then just level up your attributes by selecting a menu option.

Beyond that, they just need to flesh it out a bit more. More customization, entrances, maybe some cutscenes (like when you go to a Fight Night, it'd be awesome to get a little cutscene showing your guy in the crowd, especially if he was actually in street clothes).

But that stuff's easy. They just need more time. The core of the game is very good.

Edit: Oh, and they need a more convenient way to change the sponsors on your trunks. Holy hell.
me and a few guys at work were just talking about the sponsor thing....That is a chore.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

8 is about right, It could use some improvements but its still awesome for the first attempt....

The big thing for me is the OPEN league, I hated boxing or sports games in general that made you feel boxed in like your the only person going after a title...SVR09 turned me off by their career mode....I like the rankings in this and the ability to see ALL of the division rankings while also being able to see match results...Those little things are big for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I would have to give it an 8 as well. There is a lot to do in between fights and everything is very important to leveling up your fighter. You can choose which techniques you want to work on with the different camps which I think is great. If you are lacking in your BJJ technique, just select the fighter that specializes in that in each camp. I think that it brings a lot to the game and makes it less boring in comparison to some other fighter games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »