Home

Who are you guys struggling against?

This is a discussion on Who are you guys struggling against? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Who are you guys struggling against?

Career mode I was 0-2 vs. Joe Lauzon.. he kept getting submissions but I fought my heart out in the 3rd bout and won it by unanimous decision. I want to fight him again to knock him out.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #18
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I was submitted by my friend who was GSP 3 times in a row via kimura, one of which i was BJ Penn. Silva i am actually not having trouble with, I pick Hendo and go for some good 'ol ground and pound.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #19
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Thank you!!!!!!! I haven't beat that punk Lauzon YET!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Career mode I was 0-2 vs. Joe Lauzon.. he kept getting submissions but I fought my heart out in the 3rd bout and won it by unanimous decision. I want to fight him again to knock him out.
I'm glad other people are having problems with him too.

First match he submitted me about a minute into the first round... embarrassing.

Second match I took him the distance and lost 29-28 by all three judges.

I just can't stop his takedowns. If I could keep him standing, I'm sure I could do some damage with my head kicks (since he gets out of my thai clinch as soon as I whip him), but he always seems to get the takedown and then I have to fight to transition out and it seems to take a minute to do that sometimes.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I just can't stop his takedowns. If I could keep him standing, I'm sure I could do some damage with my head kicks (since he gets out of my thai clinch as soon as I whip him), but he always seems to get the takedown and then I have to fight to transition out and it seems to take a minute to do that sometimes.
In my 3rd fight against him I didn't bother trying to keep the fight standing up, I took it to the ground and made sure I was in control. You could get him to the ground for a bit, get up and get a few kicks in then take him back down.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I'm glad other people are having problems with him too.

First match he submitted me about a minute into the first round... embarrassing.

Second match I took him the distance and lost 29-28 by all three judges.

I know. Thats all that chump does is keeping going for the takedown. Once I'm on the ground he's locking a submission and I'm done. I think he should've been rated higher.

To me he's the hardest to beat due to his 92 submission rating. After all the cpu/player submission is very unbalaced in favor of the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #22
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Online its Anderson Silva and Rampage....Now Im better against them when using Machida
Old 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #23
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I know. Thats all that chump does is keeping going for the takedown. Once I'm on the ground he's locking a submission and I'm done. I think he should've been rated higher.

To me he's the hardest to beat due to his 92 submission rating. After all the cpu/player submission is very unbalaced in favor of the cpu.
Ya. I've been raising my takedown defense almost exclusively to beat him.

I'm thinking next fight against him I might just sit back and wait... not throw anything... wait for him to try the takedown, then defend it and get into sprawl. Then get to back control, roll it into mount, punch his head a couple times, then defend the transition. If he transitions and gives up his back, I'll just chill out there, block his transitions (my ground grapple defense is decent) then pick my spot and roll back into mount.

I just have to hope he doesn't reverse my transitions.

And, more importantly, hope I can time his takedown.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #24
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Lesnar and Mir. They always go for the takedown and either ground and pound or apply a submission. I could never beat these guys in my career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »