Home

How do you think " Iron " Mike Tyson would have done in UFC?

This is a discussion on How do you think " Iron " Mike Tyson would have done in UFC? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: How do you think " Iron " Mike Tyson would have done in UFC?

Even as just a boxer (never any MMA training whatsoever), I could see him being a very formidable opponent for anyone who steps in the ring with him. Fights typically start standing up, so unless you take him down, you're going to run into issues. Also, once down, he has the strength working for him. I'm sure he'd struggle on the ground a bit, but you'd have to get him there first. Who the hell would want to get close enough to Iron Mike to even try? This guy's 20% punch has enough power to knock the spit out of your mouth and send your mouthpiece flying 3 meters for an achievement. And that's with a boxing glove. Now add 80% and make it smaller gloves.

I don't think there's an MMA fighter who'd stand a chance in a straight up boxing match. Hell, I don't think there's many boxers that stand a chance against him in a straight up boxing match. We're talking about Tyson in his prime here. Straight up striking/boxing, there's not a man out there who's going to be favored over him. Certainly no MMA fighter's going to out-box Tyson. They may win, but it's certainly not going to be from straight up boxing with the dude. There's not an MMA fighter in the history of MMA that is half as good as Tyson when it comes to straight up boxing. That's why they're MMA fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #42
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Marcus Davis prior to boxing also had a martial arts background and started MMA training long before his career started. I'm not saying that guys with boxing struggle, I'm saying BOXERS struggle.

We all know Tyson would come in doing what made him rich....and maybe he'd beat a few lower tier guys...but a top guy would bring him down.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Even with Tyson on his back in half guard the guy could knock you out. I don't think anyone would want to take him to the ground unless you had side control, north/south, or full mount. All other positions and you are just asking to get knocked out. Tyson wanted to get close to you, add in elbows that he could throw, and not many people would be able to stop him. Sure he could get beat by some technical ground guys, but only if they caught him or got his back. I think the best guys would be kick boxers as they could keep him away with the leg kicks. BJJ guys could get their body destroyed in the clinch. How many knees could they deliver vs. Tyson's punches to the body.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 19

Is biting ears off in the UFC legal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »