Home

The reason why Subs are hard to pull off against the CPU is...

This is a discussion on The reason why Subs are hard to pull off against the CPU is... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: The reason why Subs are hard to pull off against the CPU is...

Weird, I won my first 4 fights via armbar from mount on Expert in my career. I've been able to submit other top-tier fighters pretty easily in my career -- my guy (MT/BJJ doesn't have crazy ratings but is already on his 5th title defense... I think he's only at low-70-something in submissions.

My sparring partner kicks my *** every time at this point, but I've been powering through the Welterweight class on Expert with little problem, including plenty of submissions from various positions (mostly from mount but also a triangle choke from rubber guard, a rear naked choke, etc.)...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Like I said,I won the first 3 with a new character and had no problems there,the real test is seeing if you can win the last 4. Something goes horribly,horribly wrong towards the end.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #11
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

I had plenty of subs...before my controller blew a tire.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I don't see how guys are saying its easy. I've yet to see a submission, regardless of who I fight with.

I'm right around 100 fights or so. (vs. CPU)
Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I don't see how guys are saying its easy. I've yet to see a submission, regardless of who I fight with.

I'm right around 100 fights or so. (vs. CPU)
Same, only had 3 or so on the demo and zero with retail
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 29

I've been forcing myself to submit the CPU in my career to make it a little more challenging. My last few fights have ended in subs over Florian, Sherk, Penn, and I believe Griffin or Edgar.

At first, it was a big problem for me. Now I've got no problems with it. It's pretty fun trying to catch the AI, actually. I've been going for some crazy submissions like flying armbars and stuff just for the fun of it - and because I just need Submission of the Night to finish that career achievement of getting all 3 "of the night" honors.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 05-28-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ya, I havent been able to sub anyone yet...and believe me, its not for lack of trying. I've let fights go on so much longer than they have to just tryin desperately for a sub. I have 92 sub offense with the bonus, tied for best in the game and I havent been able to sub a single person as a middleweight. I tried for 2 rounds to sub Bisping, had him down to about 1/4 of his stamina bar...and I know its kinda cheating, but I'm trying to improve my game...anyway, I waited for the bar to be yellow and then spam subs...my stamina was close to full...about 85%, completely green, I try the power move (my fighter has 81 str, second only to Hendo in the weight class), the tech move, hell, I even tried both at the same time, nothing worked. Eventually I just gassed myself and then accidentally KO'd him with a hammerfist. Ugh, next up is Hendo, he has the lowest sub def of the top tier MWs, hopefully I can work his body to get his stamina down and then spam the tech subs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #16
goh
Banned

So you're obviously somewhat deep into career,go try it in exhibition. Don't even have to use your guy,just anyone with decent sub offense. Buttons/stick doesn't matter when applying the sub only for getting out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »