Home

Undisputed Online Bouts

This is a discussion on Undisputed Online Bouts within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Undisputed Online Bouts

I've taken my beating, but not without resentment.

Mostly fighters want to throw middle kicks, until you are rocked or something. So it makes it almost impossible to play them as a boxer, unless you choose wrestling to compliment it and take them down.

I mostly enjoy a tactical bout, nothing where people are always trying to throw overhand rights/lefts, or head kicks constantly.

If it comes to that point, I take them down and eventually pound their faces in, or let them run out their stanima and take them down for submission.

But either way, it is irritating and comes with online play.

What do others think about this? Just curious, so thought I might post. I'm not nagging or anything, because I never quit a fight.

If I lose, I lose..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Undisputed Online Bouts

I like the ground game, and when the online guys realize that you are not going to turn it into a kickfest they quit the match halfway through the first round.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama_Slim
I like the ground game, and when the online guys realize that you are not going to turn it into a kickfest they quit the match halfway through the first round.
AGreed, it is the only option for them.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I spam middle, low and high kicks if the other person doesn't do anything to stop them.

Seems like 90% of the time online, the other guy comes at me fast right when the fight starts and does a high kick or super punch to the head. I was fighting a guy using Mir last night and I knew he was going to start the fight off with that flying knee to the head so I just stood there. He comes across and does it right as I flick up on the R stick. I took him down, mounted him and pounded him out in 30 seconds.

Also, been having great success online vs. GSP with Diego or Koshchek. GNP !
Old 05-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Pro

Nice! I was Frank Edgar agains't someone playing Nate Diaz. He actually was using some strategy, so I backed away and superman punched him in the 1st round for a KO. I was VERY suprised at that finish. So in return, I accepted a rematch and beat him once again.

But as mentioned, if someone wants to spam kicks I usually take them down. Although it is annoying, always trying to stand and getting flustered by middle kicks. People who play boxers even to it, or even if you get close they want to throw the overhands.

Most of the time, I'd back away and do a running gut kick because people don't ever guard their mid-section.

GnP is always the way to go, though. Buahaha! Most people are one-dimensional, that I've played and really don't know the ground. But I've been met by alot that do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMerling
Nice! I was Frank Edgar agains't someone playing Nate Diaz. He actually was using some strategy, so I backed away and superman punched him in the 1st round for a KO. I was VERY suprised at that finish. So in return, I accepted a rematch and beat him once again.

But as mentioned, if someone wants to spam kicks I usually take them down. Although it is annoying, always trying to stand and getting flustered by middle kicks. People who play boxers even to it, or even if you get close they want to throw the overhands.

Most of the time, I'd back away and do a running gut kick because people don't ever guard their mid-section.

GnP is always the way to go, though. Buahaha! Most people are one-dimensional, that I've played and really don't know the ground. But I've been met by alot that do.
yep, people who do those kicks are very easy to take down, which helps you a ton if the fight goes the distance. Those take downs add up on the scoring cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »