Home

Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant

This is a discussion on Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant

Also, Kimbo makes an appearance on the latest video blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #42
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I gotta give Kimbo credit. He could have stayed with Strikeforce and made 50-100k a fight. He had a somewhat money fight in the rematch with Petruzelli and against Brett Rogers. He decided to take a shot and win TUF. If he gets Ko'd in the first fight, his career is over. The UFC will never sign him and Strikeforce wont want him because he will be damaged goods.
Yeah, great points. Elite XC pushed him to be way more than he ever was...they pushed him like he was Fedor.

I respect him for trying to go the right route, it'll be interesting watching him this season and seeing if he can improve. He has some skills, just needs more refining and time to get better.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

If his cardio and ground game is better, he could be a force. Hopefully he has been working out and wrestling everyday. I think once he knows how guys attack on the ground, he will learn how to use his strength to get out of those positions.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #44
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

KIMBO IS GOING TO TAKE OVER UFC!!!!!..... JUST WATCH
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 19

I'd watch just for Kimbo and I'm not remotely close to being a fan of his. He will be EXTREMELY interesting to watch.

How will he approach cardio? How will he take direction from coaches? How will he respond to or treat other fighters? Who will call him out? Will he get kicked off the show for fighting before his fight? The possibilities are endless. The subplots alone are going to draw ridiculous ratings for this show, regardless of when Kimbo fights.

If the show staggers the first round matchups over, say, a 5 week period, I wouldn't be suprised to see Kimbo fight in the last 2 weeks. This wouldn't mean he would fight less, it just means the viewers would have to wait longer to see him fight and would tune in to more episodes. I think he will get called out the most, if that kind of thing is possible. Who wouldn't want a shot to take down the most well-known fighter on the show?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #46
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
KIMBO IS GOING TO TAKE OVER UFC!!!!!..... JUST WATCH
Old 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
There is a MASSIVE difference between Kimbo and Brock. Brock is a world class wrestler while Kimbo just beat people on the street.

Anyone with even an average ground game is going to destroy him easy.
Elite Xc push a fighter with no real exp because he will bring good rating currently his record 3-1

UFC push a fighter with no real exp because he will bring good rating currently his record 3-1

It is not about skill level because yes i know Brock lesnar is way prospect.It is about company pushing fighter to the fight fore front and making their public face with out the fighter having the nessary skills to back it up.

Their is not single Brock lesnar fan who feels comfortable with him ground on agianst likes Mir,Nogeria,etc.He is not a good striker either.He is a strenght freak of nature that can hold most fighter on the ground with no real skills to do anything after other hit them with awkward looking punches.I love brock's potential but nobody in their right mind can think he is anywhere close to a complete product.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #48
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck911
Elite Xc push a fighter with no real exp because he will bring good rating currently his record 3-1

UFC push a fighter with no real exp because he will bring good rating currently his record 3-1

It is not about skill level because yes i know Brock lesnar is way prospect.It is about company pushing fighter to the fight fore front and making their public face with out the fighter having the nessary skills to back it up.

Their is not single Brock lesnar fan who feels comfortable with him ground on agianst likes Mir,Nogeria,etc.He is not a good striker either.He is a strenght freak of nature that can hold most fighter on the ground with no real skills to do anything after other hit them with awkward looking punches.I love brock's potential but nobody in their right mind can think he is anywhere close to a complete product.
I think there's much bigger of a difference in early pushing a wrestling champion who is a physically talented freak vs. some dude who fought in backyards and was put on Youtube.

I agree Brock was pushed too soon, but Kimbo is just all hype, and Brock can at least back it up...

I look forward to seeing Kimbo on TUF though, I think he's got the right mindset and EliteXC just screwed him over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »