Home

Glory Kickboxing? CBS Sports?? what is this?

This is a discussion on Glory Kickboxing? CBS Sports?? what is this? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Glory Kickboxing? CBS Sports?? what is this?

So I was flipping through my tv lineup about 20 min ago and saw this pop up. It's on CBS Sports chanell (didnt even know I had that).. it looks like a really poor man's K1 thing. Anyone else seen this or know what it is? Looks like everyone wants some kind of primetime MMA show now.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Glory Kickboxing? CBS Sports?? what is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
So I was flipping through my tv lineup about 20 min ago and saw this pop up. It's on CBS Sports chanell (didnt even know I had that).. it looks like a really poor man's K1 thing. Anyone else seen this or know what it is? Looks like everyone wants some kind of primetime MMA show now.
It is an upstart that is trying to unseat K-1 as the premier Kickboxing organization.

It has a realistic chance because it has a strong backing and K-1 is struggling financially.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I have always thought Kickboxing was an underutilized sport.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
It is an upstart that is trying to unseat K-1 as the premier Kickboxing organization.

It has a realistic chance because it has a strong backing and K-1 is struggling financially.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I have always thought Kickboxing was an underutilized sport.
If you think K-1 is still the premier organisation then...well, I've got knews for you...

Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

what knews? lol

K-1 was awesome from the early 90s up to the early 2000s, since then they changed the format away from the pride style events (which were awesome) Peter Aerts is probably my all-time favourite fighter!

in any case, does anyone know if CBS actually produces the TV? I'm wondering if they are putting it on their channel like how the UFC used to pay for all of the production and just hand it to spike before they got more popular...
Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
in any case, does anyone know if CBS actually produces the TV? I'm wondering if they are putting it on their channel like how the UFC used to pay for all of the production and just hand it to spike before they got more popular...
I doubt they are, but since they signed the deal events have been in the US mostly. They signed the It's Showtime and a few other production teams last year.

They just signed with Spike to start airing in October.
http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/news/287
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
If you think K-1 is still the premier organisation then...well, I've got knews for you...
Your news is wrong.

K-1 is struggling mightily but still has the best worldwide branding and it isn't even close.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
what knews? lol

K-1 was awesome from the early 90s up to the early 2000s, since then they changed the format away from the pride style events (which were awesome) Peter Aerts is probably my all-time favourite fighter!

****, horrible typo haha.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
Your news is wrong.

K-1 is struggling mightily but still has the best worldwide branding and it isn't even close.
Nope, In terms of branding I suppose it's still the biggest brand but it's hardly the premier organisation as it no longer has the best fighters. Its Showtime is the best for me, although the good thing(or worst thing depending on your view) is that there is now a lot more quality fighters in other organisations. Much more widespread now, rather than being centralised in K-1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »